Author Topic: Some concerns  (Read 6025 times)

they cant do anything. none of them have any idea how to make a game.

There's certainly enough talent here. Everything from level design to programming to graphics.

This isn't even close to being remotely true.

Literally just hand the source to the guys who live in Coding Help and I guarantee you that something pretty freakin' great would come of it.

Literally just hand the source to the guys who live in Coding Help and I guarantee you that something pretty freakin' great would come of it.
Let's face it. Someone who's easily double the age of the oldest users is having a hard time managing this game and keeping everyone in line. Let's see what happens when we give such responsibility to some teenager.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 06:05:43 PM by Zanaran2 »

Let's face it. Someone who's easily double the age of the oldest users is having a hard time managing this game and keeping everyone in line. Let's see what happens when we give such responsibility to some teenager.

hey you would be surprised how disciplined a teenager becomes when money is involved, plus teenagers have more of an idea how today's adolescents think, giving them an advantage over some of the old clueless people
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 06:14:43 PM by Farad »

Perhaps create a team of people?

hey you would be surprised how disciplined a teenager becomes when money is involved, plus teenagers have more of an idea how today's adolescents think, giving them an advantage over some of the old clueless people

I get the feeling that the moment Badspot starts giving a stuff about what most people here think is the moment he loses his sanity

There's certainly enough talent here. Everything from level design to programming to graphics.
This isn't even close to being remotely true.
This is not true.
i wouldnt hold my breath. i havent seen anyone prove themselves capable of such things.

i wouldnt hold my breath. i havent seen anyone prove themselves capable of such things.

By viewing your recent posts, of course you haven't seen anyone prove themselves. There's quite a few people in this community who can probably handle "such things".

A dream situation would be a whole new set of people working on a new version of the game on a newer, better engine. It makes sense why one guy on Torque would have a hard time polishing things up and generally keeping people's attention with frequent updates.

maybe we shouldn't be asking what the higher ups can do to expand the game (because we have no control over that), we should be asking what WE can do to expand it ourselves

A dream situation would be a whole new set of people working on a new version of the game on a newer, better engine. It makes sense why one guy on Torque would have a hard time polishing things up and generally keeping people's attention with frequent updates.

FYI: only like 4 people made blockland

badspot, rontodo, kompressor, and some others people

PS: some updates have huge gaps between them, this is one case

moral of the story: be patient!

moral of the story: be patient!
it's not like the game is terrible without more updates. build a cool gamemode to play so you won't have to be patient - once you do this, it won't be all about waiting for the next update to come out. if that is really the only thing that you have to look forward to in this game, start building stuff yourself instead of just playing on other people's servers. note that this requires thinking and work

What does a new team working on a new blockland have to do with being patient for more updates?

What does a new team working on a new blockland have to do with being patient for more updates
when esphere said that, he might have assumed getting a new dev team is unrealistic, so instead he addressed the cause of desire for a new dev team: lack or rarity of updates

what I said to him is that updates shouldn't be the only thing you have to look forward to because you can already make the game into whatever you want