So, what've I missed?

Author Topic: So, what've I missed?  (Read 124123 times)

NOEDIT: Markey is my third.

if you don't like seeing his comment
i feel like this was a really stupid comment

I was trying to find the log writer add-on and all traces of it consisted of a few old posts with dead RTB links.  So I went to kalphiter's site in the hopes of finding the add-on and got re-directed to his blockland cloud site: a site which is dedicated to criticizing this game's apparent lack of development. It states kalphiter left the game/community in January (this turns out to be false, of course).  From there I found my way to the 'blockland is horrible' sub-reddit and stumbled upon topics by kalphiter dated just days ago, with regular activity since the time he supposedly quit the game.  There's actually an interesting topic about Badspot deleting Heedical's posts.  So after reading it, and though it might not show the whole story, I came to feel it sure is damn convincing.  In the post, an image was featured showing Heedical being apparently extremely polite and reasonable, only to be repeatedly banned on site.  At the end, there was also some indication Mr. Wallet's post recent novel-length post was related to the repeated censorship of Heedical, and also to others in general.  So I went back and read his entire story, concluding that I actually agree with his points, though it was rather cumbersome in wording, much like this post itself.  Like I said before, these guys that react negatively to non-development must be really invested and care about blockland.  So, I disagree with banning people that are civilized, like Heed. 

But guys like kalphiter, I have no sympathy for.  That little stuff was long overdue to be removed from this community. He's literally deranged, and self-admittedly in denial over his attachment and obsession over this game and its developer. Quite frankly I'm surprised Badspot tolerated his antics for so many years and then bans the far more moderate critic, Heedical, on site for seemingly questionable reasoning, if any at all.  I've seen the stuff Heedical says, and it never struck me as something particularly ban worthy.  And that was in the past. In recent months he's been pretty good about not being insulting, and sticking to detailing issues that could use some fixing

Ephialtes left. Thats why RTB was removed.
Im pretty sure it was DDOS'd

oh yeah, and I never did find the log writer add-on

oh yeah, and I never did find the log writer add-on
Make your own. It's really easy.

I wonder if badspot will reveal the alt when page 50 arrives

Heed has been fairly rude regarding Badspot in his many posts criticising the rate of development.
I don't know what was in those removed posts, as I saw this topic after they were removed, but people have said they weren't harsh and were fairly politely poised.

Being polite is fine if you're giving your criticism for the first time, or have been polite for every criticism you give.
But there comes a point where someone has been a gnat biting at your side for just too long and you want to get the swatter out.

And Badspot was correct in what he mentioned before on the subject. Acting politely can just as easily be a way to manipulate opinion towards your side. All you have to do is make yourself seem like the reasonable, calm, collected one and other people will flock to you. Particularly if they don't actually know the history if the argument.
I would be very frustrated if I had someone like Heed who keeps popping up and attacking your actions, but plays the calm card in a topic that is very clearly going to gather a lot of attention from people who aren't familiar with everything being brought up.

I've had no problems with Heed elsewhere, but he has been going on like a broken record for ages.

But there comes a point where someone has been a gnat biting at your side for just too long and you want to get the swatter out.
You could go around and kill every gnat with a swatter, but it might be a better idea to get rid of all the bullstuff and garbage that the gnats came for.

I wonder if badspot will reveal the alt when page 50 arrives
3 more posts to go

That was actually 4 more posts to go. Okay, NOW three more posts to go.

Im pretty sure it was DDOS'd
  • Ephi lost hope in the game after the underwhelming Steam launch
  • Most of his free time was lost after getting a new job
  • While he wanted to keep the hosting service, his provider's policy on DDoS attacks wouldn't let him

• Ephi lost hope in the game after the underwhelming Steam launch
  • Most of his free time was lost after getting a new job
  • While he wanted to keep the hosting service, his provider's policy on DDoS attacks wouldn't let him

Underwhelming?
We do have over 100k people playing the game now so thats not exactly "underwhelming."

Underwhelming?
We do have over 100k people playing the game now so thats not exactly "underwhelming."
180 people are currently playing the game.