So, what've I missed?

Author Topic: So, what've I missed?  (Read 123277 times)

Wow how long have you been gone

like a year or so

Anyways I don't see the basis for drama?!

Badspot

• Administrator
In the years I spent developing stuff for Blockland, Badspot never responded to any of my emails except one. I was asking about the parameters for miniGameCanDamage and if the order held any significance. He replied with the function declaration and added nothing.

(direct quote)
function miniGameCanDamage(%attackingClient, %victimObject)

See, this makes me sad more than anything. I can't understate how much learning TorqueScript, and then making the CityRPG website, did for me. I learned object oriented programming, a lot of concepts I'd never of picked up just by browsing websites or going to classes. I discovered MySQL, PHP, the combination of CSS/HTML/JS, all in the pursuit of making a mod that'd people would want to play.

Badspot never really cared about the modding community, when the biggest selling point of his game was the mods. Ephialtes did way more to make development fun and enticing and he did way more to support people by sharing his knowledge. All Badspot had to do was reach out to people. Making a wiki with commonly overridden methods and functions would have been immensely helpful to everyone.

Instead, he sort of despised modders. He constantly stuff talk how low quality add-ons were. He acted like having to make add-on packages easier to install was a bad thing that shouldn't be expected of him. He made accessible features harder to utilize because of things like people spoofing his name and constantly showed contempt for his own user base.

I respect Badspot's success in his industry, but I my personal feelings towards him are negatively skewed in the same way that you might feel about a neglectful father. I feel he let his community down, and I feel he never really cared. The game was a business to him and nothing more.

Iban, I am not now nor have I ever been under any obligation to personally tutor you in torque script.  I don't know why you would think this.  You seem to have some kind of ongoing rebellion complex here.  I'm sorry that I own the forum and that this makes you feel bad.

I am going to ban you from the forum now.  Again.  That is clearly what you want.  

This will give you a great excuse to claim that I'm a power mad egomaniac or that I can't take criticism, but really I just want to be able to post on my own forum and not be assaulted.  You don't have to kiss my ass to be here, you just have to not directly attack me.  

And this is not even remotely close to the first problem I have had with you so don't try to claim that I banned you because you joked about my comic.  You've been a douche bag to almost everyone, consistently, for years.  You have been banned multiple times before for this exact reason.  You are incapable of change.  

Badspot doesn't like iban and him and heed were sorta talking stuff about badspot so he moved it to drama. Not that hard to figure out.

I joined the forums. Sadly on my second account already

Yeah, a lot has happened in about a year. Did anyone mention the Betelgeuse thing yet?

I joined the forums. Sadly on my second account already

Yeah, a lot has happened in about a year. Did anyone mention the Betelgeuse thing yet?
He doesn't know about that either prob.

A year isn't a long time when you've been here for seven years. He doesn't know betel, setro or Maxx since all three of them are noobs. Well not betel but he was under the radar until recently.

Also I can't believe heedicalking hasn't been banned yet.

That was a fast ban

I haven't see a ban yet for this account of Iban, I think that quote is just reference

I haven't see a ban yet for this account of Iban, I think that quote is just reference
Lol the way Badspot put it I thought he was banning him.

is he banned or no?
Iban 5s only has 15 posts, none of them have the
User was banned for this post.
tag yet