Author Topic: i need new headphones  (Read 679 times)

ok. i need new headphones. i dont want to spend more than $50 on them and i really am not comfortable spending that much either.

i dont want headphones that will "last me for years" cos they wont, they never do. i want good quality that will last atleast a few months

over ear pls. no earbuds

wow i swear these forums at night

A similar thread was posted earlier, and I made this post in it.

I highly recommend this one, although the price shown here on Amazon is ten or fifteen Dollars higher than I saw at Target or wherever I got mine. They got nice max speaker volume, good audio quality, and the microphone seems to be pretty good too. I've never heard anybody complain about difficulty hearing me in games or voice chat. I'm also able to wear them for several hours at a time and my ears never ache.

I've had two or three of them, and each lasts about a year and a half or two years before I start experiencing crackling problems with one speaker or the other, and none of them have broken physically from wear and tear or dropping, so they got good longevity and decent toughness, although they probably aren't very durable at all to getting stepped or sat on.

Oh, and it uses a uses two 3.5 mm plugs for the mic jack and a headphone jack, not a U.S.B. plug. Just felt like I should point that out since I don't think it says so on the Amazon page.

A similar thread was posted earlier, and I made this post in it.

idk man. they are pretty small. i like to drown in my music. they dont look like they cancel out outside noise very well.
i will consider them

idk man. they are pretty small. i like to drown in my music. they dont look like they cancel out outside noise very well.
If you really want to drown in your music and want noise cancellation, I'd recommend saving up for $100-$150 headphones.
I use these two primarily: Pulse Elite Edition's & Audio-Technica ATH-M50
The Pulse's are great for cancellation and the Technica's are great for drowning in music. Both are pretty damn good headphones.

I know you probably aren't comfortable with spending that much on headphones, but trust me it's worth it. You most likely will use them a lot anyways.
My advice? You probably won't find really good headphones for around $50. Maybe decent ones. I'd save up. These DO last years if you take good care of them.
They've lasted me around 8 months so far. They still perform the same way when I first bought them.

Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ Style Headphones - http://monoprice.com

One of their most popular items, and for good reason too. $60 retail headphones for < $25.

One of their most popular items, and for good reason too. $60 retail headphones for < $25.
I have a pair of these, they are quite nice. I'd recommend them.

if OP is really going to stay below $50, don't go with these unless you absolutely refuse to use anything but over ears, they're decent but not amazing

Go with the TEAC CT-H02. A tiny bit more expensive and they're on-ears but these forgeters beat every other studio monitor hands down, including models that are hundreds of dollars more expensive

they have modification potential as well

And for the love of god, do NOT buy an ATH-M50, that forgeter is shrill and disgusting
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 10:20:36 AM by takato14 »

I have a Sony MDR-V6 and I love it. If you're a basshead I wouldn't recommend it though

if OP is really going to stay below $50, don't go with these unless you absolutely refuse to use anything but over ears, they're decent but not amazing

Go with the TEAC CT-H02. A tiny bit more expensive and they're on-ears but these forgeters beat every other studio monitor hands down, including models that are hundreds of dollars more expensive

And for the love of god, do NOT buy an ATH-M50, that forgeter is shrill and disgusting
that looks like it has one of those giant jacks you put in a piano or amp

Actually, I've been meaning to ask, what do you think of the Monoprice headphones? In my personal experience, they've blown everything else less than $30 out of the water, and even a few more than $100. I do realize I haven't had nearly as much experience with headphones as you though.

that looks like it has one of those giant jacks you put in a piano or amp
Just get a 3.5mm converter.

I went with these. Thank you