Poll

Do You Think we need this?

Yes
18 (36.7%)
Uh Nah
31 (63.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Chat Idea Thing?  (Read 4944 times)

Hello i came up with a idea about a chating one like Where someone is typing it shows Up what they are Typing on the Top of their Head if someone can make this I WOULD LOVE IT but if someone did i would really download it  :cookieMonster: also i will give you a  :cookie:

Hello i came up with a idea about a chating one like Where someone is typing it shows Up what they are Typing on the Top of their Head if someone can make this I WOULD LOVE IT but if someone did i would really download it  :cookieMonster: also i will give you a  :cookie:
dude there called chat bubbles

There's already a typing emitter that shows ABC's around someone who starts to talk.

There's already a typing emitter that shows ABC's around someone who starts to talk.
not that kind of chat one that is where like whenever they start typing something it shows up a white thing and a black outline and it shows them typing something

Yeah, I get what you're saying, I might try to work on this and see what I can do.

You can't do that because the server doesn't know what clients are typing until they send the message.

You can't do that because the server doesn't know what clients are typing until they send the message.
well there Has to be some way

There is not.
Well there is a way, you could make a client add-on to send what the client is chatting to the server.

So there is a way.

Well there is a way, you could make a client add-on to send what the client is chatting to the server.

So there is a way.
Fine. Reword: there is no sane way.

Good luck convincing clients to download a client sided add-on to show a useless speech bubble on some server that shows all their typos to everyone.

I was just planning on making a bubble appear over people who are typing, not put what they are typing in it.

I was just planning on making a bubble appear over people who are typing, not put what they are typing in it.

it shows Up what they are typing

but making it without the typing thing and only the sent message would work, right?

but making it without the typing thing and only the sent message would work, right?

Yes.

Have fun trying to render a proper 2d chat bubble with torque's limited api