Release Age Of Time with Host / Join a Server?

Poll

Should Age Of Time get the feature Host and Join Server back?

Yes
37 (88.1%)
No
5 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Release Age Of Time with Host / Join a Server?  (Read 24852 times)

» Age Of Time group on Facebook

Hey guys,

I haven't been for a long time on Age Of Time but I just saw that the game will turn 10 years next year in April. I think that the game should be released with the old option to "Host or Join a Server" because I think it is a waste of time to keep up the dedicated official server for Age Of Time.

I think, not long from now, Badspot will shutdown the server. The game hasn't been updated since 2009, and I doubt that Badspot will ever continue this project. Age Of Time should be released with multiplayer and add-on support. Anyone who agrees with me?

Custom maps
Imagine all the custom maps that people will make for Age Of Time once the Mission Editor, host and join a server is back in v30. I think the game can turn out great if there were different maps made by other people. It has been done in the past, but those maps were not working correctly.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 09:18:28 AM by Antares »

I don't think badspot will do that because not enough people play it

What are you talking about?  The game is multiplayer.  There is literally no singleplayer mode.

The game is already multiplayer. The reason why you don't see anyone on when you play is because no one plays it anymore.

He obviously means for you to create your own servers. Didn't AoT originally have that option?

He obviously means for you to create your own servers. Didn't AoT originally have that option?
This

This. In version 3, players had the option to host their own servers in Age Of Time. This was removed because people were cheating to get the hook, free gold, etc. Four years ago I ported GSF San Andreas into Age Of Time V3, it could be fun to get the "Host / Join a Server" back.

LOL
It was pretty famous when I had the map in Age Of Time. I remember when I ported Mike's House too from GSF Maps into Age Of Time. Interior files from Torque Constructor doesn't work sadly.

Edit: I am currently working on a new 24/7 V3 server again.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:22:22 AM by Antares »

It was pretty famous when I had the map in Age Of Time. I remember when I ported Mike's House too from GSF Maps into Age Of Time. Interior files from Torque Constructor doesn't work sadly.

Edit: I am currently working on a new 24/7 V3 server again.
how will we get v3

couldnt agree more
wont happen though

couldnt agree more
wont happen though
who knows
it might actually happen
but nobody's completely sure, so

I'd really like to see this happen

I'd really like to see this happen
If Badspot will ever do that I'll immediately port my Viano City map into Age Of Time.