New motorcycle.

Author Topic: New motorcycle.  (Read 1359 times)

Heres the new motorcycle I bought about 3 weeks ago. Only was able to get to my house a week ago and have been working on it since. Its a 1980 Suzuki GS750

New parts:
Tires
Air Filter
Oil Filter
Side panels
Fresh oil and gas

Still needs to be done:
New handlebars
Carbs cleaned and synced
Replace head gasket to stop leaking

Im going to kill myself on this thing. At mid RPMs it bogs down but once it hits its "powerband" or certain RPM it takes off and flies like a rocket.

Pictures:

rip slayer

do you have a pilot license to go with that

The only motorcycles i would drive is a ninja, but that think is cool.

The only motorcycles i would drive is a ninja, but that think is cool.
ninjas are homoloveual imo but a bikes a bike

do you have a pilot license to go with that
no
its only illegal if i get caught though 8)

Is this your first bike or???

Is this your first bike or???
2nd

first bike was 1982 honda cm250 which i currently ride while this one is being fixed
about what mine looks like:

I've been riding for about 2 years now and have had my license for almost exactly a year

The only motorcycles i would drive is a crotch-rocket, but that think is cool.
FTFY
Also from what I've read/heard, starting on a sport bike isn't really a great idea. Mostly because you have to lean forward and you're on your hands a lot, whereas most other bikes you're leaned back on your ass. Secondly because everyone I know that has a sport bike goes fast. Not like 5mph over the limit, like 100 in a 60 area, weaving around cars. It's kind of like a mentality I guess.
But that's all from observation, I don't really like sports bikes.

OP, judging by the fact that you're fixing a bike, I assume this isn't your first one. If it's not, what other bikes have you had?
no-edit: already answered

FTFY
Also from what I've read/heard, starting on a sport bike isn't really a great idea. Mostly because you have to lean forward and you're on your hands a lot, whereas most other bikes you're leaned back on your ass. Secondly because everyone I know that has a sport bike goes fast. Not like 5mph over the limit, like 100 in a 60 area, weaving around cars. It's kind of like a mentality I guess.

OP, judging by the fact that you're fixing a bike, I assume this isn't your first one. If it's not, what other bikes have you had?
its ok to start on sports bikes if its a 250. some go with 600 but usually they're either crazy or have had experience on dirtbikes or minibikes.

600cc in plenty and you really dont need anything bigger for a sportsbike. My friends Honda CBR600 with go over 150mph

no
its only illegal if i get caught though 8)

How're they homoloveual lol. My 2003 Ninja ZX-6R 636:

FTFY

You're not supposed to be "on your hands" when riding a sportbike. You're supposed to grip the tank with your legs and keep your arms as loose as possible

so THAAAAAAAAT's why i like ninjas so much

crotch rockets are just accidents waiting to happen

crotch rockets are just accidents waiting to happen
Disagree. The bike itself is pretty safe, most of my 'close calls' have been due to richardheads in cars

Disagree. The bike itself is pretty safe, most of my 'close calls' have been due to richardheads in cars
I want to draw this as a 5 panel comic but I have 0 artistic talent with drawing

Plus if I drew a cartoon snake driving a car I think I'd get banned

I want to draw this as a 5 panel comic but I have 0 artistic talent with drawing

Plus if I drew a cartoon snake driving a car I think I'd get banned
The rule only applys to gross stuff and research, richards drawn on walls with a sharpie does not count as research as long as it's not detailed so much that you can't tell the difference between a real richard and a fake one.