setrandomspeedkart and setrandomcolor events

Author Topic: setrandomspeedkart and setrandomcolor events  (Read 2496 times)

someone suggested this a while back but no one ever made it.
do it please.

including the hover speedkart

Lol

Not with speedkarts
In an extremely roundabout way, yes it can.

After determining your random number, run a long series of "if" checks to see if it is equal to a static number. Like, let's pretend that the MK64-styled kart is 1, and the MK7-styled cart is 2.

If you get 1, set the vehicle to Speedkart 64. Not hard.
If you don't, keep going through the numbers until you get a match.

Finished setRandomColor. It has three check boxes. If the first one is checked, the color will be randomized. If the second one is checked, the FX will be randomized. If the third one is checked, the shape FX will be randomized(it can also end up as the water brick's shape FX, which is not on the spray can list). I made it this way so you can randomize the brick in any combination you want. If you leave all the check boxes unchecked, it won't do anything at all.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 07:11:50 PM by jes00 »

Finished setRandomColor. It has three check boxes. If the first one is checked, the color will be randomized. If the second one is checked, the FX will be randomized. If the third one is checked, the shape FX will be randomized(it can also end up as the water brick's shape FX, which is not on the spray can list). I made it this way so you can randomize the brick in any combination you want. If you leave all the check boxes unchecked, it won't do anything at all.

Do we already have a setRandomState for the collision, raycasting, and rendering? Because if not, that would be a good bundle.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 08:46:18 PM by Gen. Hothauser »

Do we already have a setRandomState for the collision, raycasting, and rendering? Because if not, that would be a good bundle.
Not sure. I think I recall someone making it.

I won't get my computer back till early next week. So someone else, feel free to make the other event.

Got my computer back. Where can I find the hover speedkart?

Got my computer back. Where can I find the hover speedkart?
Ask Filipe for it I guess, since it's not publicly released yet

Ask Filipe for it I guess, since it's not publicly released yet
The hover speedkart is released and you can find it in one of the RTB backup databases - you have to download all the types of speedkarts to get it though.

You might be thinking of the superhover, which will be part of the superkart gamemode when it's released - I don't think Filipe is going to hand this out

The hover speedkart is released and you can find it in one of the RTB backup databases - you have to download all the types of speedkarts to get it though.

You might be thinking of the superhover, which will be part of the superkart gamemode when it's released - I don't think Filipe is going to hand this out
Yeah I was thinking about the SuperKart one since I wasn't aware of the one on RTB