Need tutorial on how to fix missing config file.

Author Topic: Need tutorial on how to fix missing config file.  (Read 1023 times)

Blockland on Mac isn’t working properly, and i’ve found no config files under “client." Where do I go to replace the missing file? How do I replace the missing file once i’ve gotten it? I know it’s the only file I need to fix the issue, but all of the instructions on the other threads were a bit weird, and didn’t help me out until I figured out the problem. Downloading from Steam probably didn’t have the file attached to it in the first place, or maybe from a recent update it removed it. Also I don’t know if I can get from Steam to the original blockland app, that may be the only other option.

If you actually have a key, you can use the normal launcher. If you're on Steam, open Steam and rick click on Blockland, there should be something along the lines of "Verify Local Files" or w/e, click on that and let it do its thing.

If you actually have a key, you can use the normal launcher. If you're on Steam, open Steam and rick click on Blockland, there should be something along the lines of "Verify Local Files" or w/e, click on that and let it do its thing.
He doesn't have a key. Look at his id.

I'm pretty sure config files should generate themselves when you start Blockland up.

Was it working before? Do you have any add-ons installed?

All I need is a working client config file, and i’m not sure how that is generated. I’ll try deleting all of the files through finder, and re-downloading them.

They're generated just by starting the game and closing it normally.

As I understand, there is an issue where the Mac version doesn't properly generate prefs.cs files.

OP should try to do export("$prefs*", "/config/prefs.txt", 0); and post the file here so we can just manually separate it out into a client prefs and server prefs file.

Not $prefs*
Just $pref::*