Bugout kit: Now and Then

Author Topic: Bugout kit: Now and Then  (Read 12496 times)

why isn't anybody packing seeds or stuff
Uh. How long were you gonna bug-out? Do you have any idea how long it takes seeds to grow?

Honestly, some of these kits are shockingly bad. Some are really good, but just... damn people some of you don't get out much do you lol.

I'm only gonna address the serious ones, in reverse order-
Changed my mind. I made my comments on all of them, and then Ctrl + X'd them. If people want to see my comments on their pack they can request them, otherwise I think I'll save them. I've messaged them to myself for now.

I will say this-
--- electronics eventually become bits of metal and plastic once that charge is gone. This could mean they last 1 day or they last half a year, depending on a LOT of criteria (ex, phones= power off? airplane mode? lots of apps? power down when not in use? frequent use? etc). GPS will NEVER be as useful as a map and compass. Know why? Because a GPS needs electricity and to stay dry. Take either one of those away, and what do you get? Lost.
--- A lot of people have some big blades, but nothing small. If you're gonna bushwhack, sure, if you're gonna dress some game animal, no, that doesn't work. Kitchen knives count as tools and you CAN bring them.
--- If you NEED electronics, BATTERIES.
--- FOOD guys FOOD. Bring some to last you about a week, because there might be a lot of competition to hunt for game. HYDRATE. Holy stuff, you need to drink 2 litres a day to be considered healthy.
--- Guys please, none of you will want to carry a single jerry can, no matter what it's filled with. A jerry can of water full to the top weighs almost 43 POUNDS! Do you wanna haul that around while possibly scaling dangerous terrain, or at ALL? Smaller water containers
--- Some of you have fuel. I don't know why. What is it going to do for you? If you are driving a vehicle, it doesn't belong on you it belongs on the vehicle, gas is 31.5lbs in a jerry can to the brim. Don't say it's for fire because if it is, learn to start a fire with a match, it's SUPER simple, I would be more than happy to explain how to do it.
--- Passport > Wallet. Don't worry about money, because where you're going you won't need it.
--- consider weight and distance traveled. Are you going to go far and then stay? Are you going to travel daily?

Brian why do you have ONE magazine per weapon as "fantasy," ammo isn't that expensive

Brian why do you have ONE magazine per weapon as "fantasy," ammo isn't that expensive
I don't KNOW man i wasn't THINKING about that

Don't let 'em pick git-ars or drive them old trucks
all a good man needs to survive
beef jerky, whiskey, backup whiskey, two pistols, a shotgun named mirabelle and a guitar
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 11:17:05 PM by Cargøn »

Cargon bleeds red white and blue

I don't KNOW man i wasn't THINKING about that

>one magazine for three weapons, two of which are primaries
>has a block of C4 pre-armed
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 11:19:42 PM by AdinX »

ignore me I just hit post by accident when I meant to quote
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 11:19:36 PM by AdinX »

current

can't think of anything else to put on

EpicGamerDude92 ready to roll out!

loling at all the trenchcoats
hahhah
hah

i really woulda added more ammo if i could, but i couldn't. so oh well, here is my result. i could kill some people with this.

its not very logical to bug out with multiple guns.
guns are heavy and extra ammo is very heavy.

nor do you even need much ammo for your 1 gun. its more about self defence and you arent going to be on huge battle shootouts.
hunting is a bad idea for a bugout. bugouts are short term. that snare and fish. dont be needing big game to deal with.

The great collapse will not happen. My robot army will bring order to the world.

sorry i had to include an rpg. logical in a bug out by phoenix, someone will probably walk up to you and snack you real quick.

i'll rek u skrub
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 01:42:15 AM by Ikares »