Author Topic: TF2 & Gmod keep freezing  (Read 1843 times)

First of all, it takes forever for games to start up (I also had this problem with L4D2, but the actual game works fine). Then, when I actually get into TF2 or Gmod and join a server, it decides to freeze on me.

I already updated my drivers and verified the integrity of the game cache, but still nothing.

So yeah, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mods can cause crashing in Garry's Mod, I do know that much.
As for Left 4 Dead, I'm not sure.

I believe I had the same problem at one point. Uninstalling all the addons I had so it forced a re-download via workshop helped for me. With GMOD, at least.

The thing is though, I recently reset my Windows and I haven't played TF2 or Gmod yet since then, so I don't have any mods installed D:

Gmod and TF2 just seem inherently slow for me, no matter what i do it takes like a full 2 minutes before Gmod lets me do anything after starting it

can your computer just not handle the game?
post some specs

can your computer just not handle the game?
post some specs
I have played games all the time on this computer, that's not the issue. Like I said, L4D2 works fine.

I think it might have to do with my anti-virus, not sure though.

I have played games all the time on this computer, that's not the issue. Like I said, L4D2 works fine.

I think it might have to do with my anti-virus, not sure though.
I had a PC that could run games amazingly but one day it could no longer handle it.
It might be your PC

I had a PC that could run games amazingly but one day it could no longer handle it.
It might be your PC
Other games work fine.

It's just TF2 and Gmod.

Other games work fine.

It's just TF2 and Gmod.
And not all games have the same spec requirements.

Nevermind. I waited like 10 minutes for TF2 to get into the server and then everything worked perfectly fine. Really weird.

Thanks for the help guys, locking.