Author Topic: 2014/08/20 - PAX Prime  (Read 149408 times)

Man, I wish I had the money to go to PAX and meet Rotondo and Badspot,
and demo the new games. Maybe next year?

Rotondo ripped off my nintendo rip-off.  Also he was able to use the exact NES box font because I had extensively researched it when I made the romshelf layout - but apparently I forgot that I had done that when I was making my cards so I just used arial.  Also the alignment is poop.  Blarg.

This is a load of barnacles and you know it, I'm the one who came up with the idea of ripping off Nintendo and putting it on your business card in the first place.

So if anything I'm ripping off myself who ripped off nintendo who you ripped off.

Also thank you for the hours of work you put into tracking down that font, it makes my card look just enough better than yours.

Also thank you for the hours of work you put into tracking down that font, it makes my card look just enough better than yours.
That and Rotondo looks just enough like Nintendo ;)

blockland development team torn apart by font related in-fighting
millions are dead, few are terribly impressed

Take it to Drama please! :P

"probably," he says

Side note: You should have used Comic Sans. Every professional opportunity to use Comic Sans lost is an opportunity to make a good impression lost.
There is a high quality laser cut metal sign at my work for one of the prototype storage rooms. The font on the sign is Comic Sans. I'd take pictures but it's in a busy area with cameras in the hallway.

There is a high quality laser cut metal sign at my work for one of the prototype storage rooms. The font on the sign is Comic Sans. I'd take pictures but it's in a busy area with cameras in the hallway.

You've already got some cameras, what's one more?

You're tearing us apart!

Isn't the font just Helvetica?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:21:54 AM by Electrk. »

Rotondo ripped off my nintendo rip-off.  Also he was able to use the exact NES box font because I had extensively researched it when I made the romshelf layout - but apparently I forgot that I had done that when I was making my cards so I just used arial.  Also the alignment is poop.  Blarg.
Yay the build I made with Pass and SPO

i would like to buy some of theses.

You don't usually buy people's business cards from them...

i would like to buy some of theses.
go see them at PAX Prime and you can get one for free

Yay the build I made with Pass and SPO
'It's a build, probably!'

Why dont you guys show blockland  :panda:

go see them at PAX Prime and you can get one for free
That would be a bit rude though, seeing as how it costs money to make business cards, and if he already knows of both Badspot and Rotondo and their games, then having one of their business cards won't benefit them. It would be one less card available for someone who is a potential new customer.