Author Topic: Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration  (Read 1653 times)

My PC's internet sort of is borking up with this error message whenever I click Troubleshoot.
wat do?

Use DHCP or force an IP address through the adapter properties.

My PC's internet sort of is borking up with this error message whenever I click Troubleshoot.
wat do?

Check if DHC...

Use DHCP or force an IP address through the adapter properties.

What he said.

it could connect to the network but not to the internet.

it could connect to the network but not to the internet.

Yeah, but you still need a valid IP to operate on said network. It's like not having a name, no one would know who to give a package to if the person had no form of being identified or no name.

Yeah, but you still need a valid IP to operate on said network. It's like not having a name, no one would know who to give a package to if the person had no form of being identified or no name.
so how exactly do I fix this?

so how exactly do I fix this?

Make sure DHCP is on or make a static IP

Use a static IP that isn't taken or DHCP

Turns out that the entire wireless ethernet network that got put together is completely forgeted.

Turns out that the entire wireless ethernet network that got put together is completely forgeted.

Weird... but possible. Good to hear you found the problem.

>wireless ethernet

imo thats actually kinda useless, you should just use direct ethernet

if you ever need to self-troubleshoot just head to 192.168.1.1 (if you don't know: that's a website that only you can access) and enter the username/password found on the router (not the wep key)

of course if you knew that then disregard this post

if you ever need to self-troubleshoot just head to 192.168.1.1 (if you don't know: that's a website that only you can access) and enter the username/password found on the router (not the wep key)
Not everybody uses 192.168.1.1

Not everybody uses 192.168.1.1

192.168.0.1 default gateway master race.

192.168.0.1 default gateway master race.
My dad doesn't even use 192.168 (pretty sure), just because everybody uses it.

My dad doesn't even use 192.168 (pretty sure), just because everybody uses it.

What, is he on a 10.xxx.xxx.xxx ip?