Author Topic: Got my permit  (Read 820 times)

I am now authorized to drive! Well, with an adult, that is.

cool
now get ready to chauffeur your parents, siblings, friends, etc., everywhere for a few years

cool
now get ready to chauffeur your parents, siblings, friends, etc., everywhere for a few years
I can understand the parents part.
My siblings are both older than me and can drive on their own, so that won't be happening.
I have no friends older than 21, so...

cool
A few years?

oh word

just did the written test today, supposed to get mine in a few weeks or something

probably should have done this 3 years ago

I have to get a whole bunch of crap before I can actually get my permit
hopefully I'll be able to do it sometime though so I can get my 30 hours done

oh word

just did the written test today, supposed to get mine in a few weeks or something

huh. when i took it, it was on a computer and I got my permit immediately

Don't be shy when it comes to driving like I was. I wouldn't ask my parents because I always thought they'd make excuses as to why I can't at the time. I was also skeptical against driving my van on public streets when I had barely even driven circles around parking lots.

So...

My dad rented me a car to drive. I remember he let me drive around a neighborhood for a bit and then told me to try driving on Highway 67 (Lemay Ferry Rd/Jeffco Blvd). I felt like I was going to freaking kill somebody as I struggled to reach the speed limit of 45mph lol

I got used to it quick though. I ended up driving on higher speed highways and driving all the way home. I actually made a screenshot of my route after I got home.

Screenshot is dated in early 2013.

huh. when i took it, it was on a computer and I got my permit immediately

Same

oh word

I know it's a few weeks until you get your actual card, but didn't they also give you papers that serve as ID until you get the card?

I know it's a few weeks until you get your actual card, but didn't they also give you papers that serve as ID until you get the card?

I think they give you a slip of paper which you kind of just have to ram into your pocket/wallet until the permanent comes in the mail.

Don't be shy when it comes to driving like I was. I wouldn't ask my parents because I always thought they'd make excuses as to why I can't at the time. I was also skeptical against driving my van on public streets when I had barely even driven circles around parking lots.

So...

My dad rented me a car to drive. I remember he let me drive around a neighborhood for a bit and then told me to try driving on Highway 67 (Lemay Ferry Rd/Jeffco Blvd). I felt like I was going to freaking kill somebody as I struggled to reach the speed limit of 45mph lol

I got used to it quick though. I ended up driving on higher speed highways and driving all the way home. I actually made a screenshot of my route after I got home.

Screenshot is dated in early 2013.

Same
Same with me, but my parents were surprisingly supportive of getting me to drive as often as possible. I remember the day I got the permit my dad pulled over and told me to give it a try. :)

Got my permit in January

Barely did any driving since but man is parking a bitch.