Author Topic: HAPPY indigenous people day!  (Read 2919 times)

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/2014/08/29/city-urged-to-change-name-to-indigenous-peoples-day/14831509/

The native Americans see Columbus day as a celebration towards the oppression of the native americans... Tumblr irl

Columbus day is a celebration of the discovery of america. It was quit a while before we actually started dominated the indians iirc
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 01:45:55 PM by Starkiller »

My grandmother is the last of the Choctaws and Chickasaws in the family. Everyone else died to medical problems caused either by drugs or alcohol.

Now we all these white people on tumblr "but I'm Cherokee".

But we still get to keep leif erikson day, right?

I am partially Native American. My great grandfather was Native American. IDK what tribe tho

It was quit a while before we actually started dominated the indians iirc
as soon as we came over here we started killing them

well if we want to celebrate europeans finding america we should make it towards whoever the hell founded vinland and then left

But we still get to keep leif erikson day, right?
Yinger Hinger Durgan

Tumblr is going to use this as an excuse for being tribal to any white person
I guarantee it

Tumblr is going to use this as an excuse for being tribal to any white person
I guarantee it
That's everyday silly.

Even before white colonized the Americas, the natives were killing each other and enslaving other tribes. I prefer that version of the natives of the stereotypical liberal version where natives are portrayed as peace lovers who smoked weed and were about peace. The same holds true for Africa where Africans traded captives from other tribes to the Europeans in exchange for gold, food, guns, clothes, etc.

Even before white colonized the Americas, the natives were killing each other and enslaving other tribes.
but they weren't genociding each other

but they weren't genociding each other
Sure they did. It wasn't uncommon to find whole tribes either assimilated, enslaved or wiped out completely.

Sure they did. It wasn't uncommon to find whole tribes either assimilated, enslaved or wiped out completely.
it was nothing compared to what the colonials' diseases, and the colonials themselves, did

it was nothing compared to what the colonials' diseases, and the colonials themselves, did
Actually both sides did equally horrific things. Stop with this victimizing bullstuff lol

Actually both sides did equally horrific things.
we're still very much here and they hardly are. I don't think so

I doubt the disease epidemic could have actually been intentional

Like, did the colonists actually say "Oh yeah let's weaponize our diseases!"