Why does the majority hate the City RPG mod?

Poll

Is it because of the following...

It's not realistic...
3 (3.8%)
Waste of my time
12 (15.2%)
Bad Admin (noob/newbie hosts)
15 (19%)
I just don't like it
9 (11.4%)
Limited
4 (5.1%)
I hate the people who play it
2 (2.5%)
Everyone uses the same [Iban's] mod
20 (25.3%)
other... (please type it)
14 (17.7%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Why does the majority hate the City RPG mod?  (Read 3871 times)

Bad administration, duplicator cities that were built in 10 minutes, infinite money exploits, static job systems, terrible "economy" systems that require donations to function, drugs, backwards as forget coding that calls the same function 50 times a second instead of tying it to a variable, exploits that allow you to place any admin brick, backdoors, "innovation" by moving a command to a terminal brick, jobs with jets, free vehicles, lag and crash exploits, magical forces that stop you from getting into a vehicle, education system that requires you to sit and do absolutely nothing to progress, rules like "no killing inside bank", CPU-hogging code, and a stuff host that has no idea what they're doing.
forget
That's Ty's CRPG you're talking about

Too much waiting just so you can build. Also many servers just turn into a cops vs criminals dm.

Boring, repetitive, and normally poorly administrated.
Ive seen so many it seems like an infection.

forget
That's Ty's CRPG you're talking about
I'm not naming any names but I suppose Ty's does have most of those features.
Most of those issues have been around for over 5 years and Ty has only added to the list.

waaay too many criminals.

annoying people buying guns shooting everyone going to jail and repeating
crps need gun licenses

...Unless CityMod actually isnt dead, and takes off.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=239369.675

crps need gun licenses

-snip because handicapped-
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:31:41 AM by Zack »

The City RPG mod itself is fine, but it's very overused in servers and nobody seems to be able to host it correctly, which is quite annoying.

"Because I don't like the way a server is run I am going to bash it."

I've seen you on City Rpg's you always get banned for cussing out the host and then make drama's expecting to be unbanned and praised like a god. You have no say in that, try again.

crps need gun licenses
Gun licenses won't fix anything.

Believe it or not, bullet wounds are still fatal regardless of whether or not the operator of the gun has an adequate license.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 04:58:22 AM by Plexious »

Gun licenses won't fix anything.

Believe it or not, bullet wounds are still fatal regardless of whether or not the operator of the gun has an adequate license.
I'm pretty sure he's not talking about real life.

Did you actually read the OP in the link?

The system actually cracks down on crime to make it more realistic in the sense that crime is something you /dont/ want to do, hell, theres even life sentences from what I've read.

Besides, he has explicitly stated (referring to Vaux) that no job spawns with guns...
All in all, it's basically an actual roleplay inside a city, instead of just crime vs cop when it comes down to it.

It's too much detail to go into, but I heavily suggest you read all of it, it's much better than the average CRPG.
You must have misunderstood, i wanted to point out, how City Mod handles it and was praising it

You must have misunderstood, i wanted to point out, how City Mod handles it and was praising it

My apologies, I did misread. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm pretty sure he's not talking about real life.
I wasn't talking about real life. If you get a gun nothing should stop you from killing everybody in sight.

If we're talking about purchasing a weapon you can always go to a back alley dealer which I know don't require licenses.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:44:33 AM by Plexious »

Nobody maintains the stuff. Seriously, it's embarrassing. CRPG hasn't seen an innovative idea since it came out.

Nobody listens to the community. People constantly complain about freekilling and RDMs, they get told to stuff it and deal with it before getting fed some bullstuff about realism and real life.

It's ill thought out. Nobody really tried to balance this or fine tune it into something great. All the features are old and stale.

CRPG is loving boring. You spend hours upon hours cutting down trees so you can build a house and get a job where you sit around and wait for money. There's no goals, no real way to expand, no exponential growth. It's always the same stuff. You wait until you can afford a house, then you wait until you can afford guns, then the boredom gets to you and you go on a killing rampage and everyone gets pissed off.

Because it's broken, attracts lame people who just want to freekill and worst of all, it's just not fun. You're better off just playing GTA or something because it's pretty much the same: people killing others without any major consequences.

Except, you know, GTA is actually fun.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 04:15:30 PM by Yosher »