Author Topic: Decals as Equipment  (Read 734 times)

Basically, you start with a normal blockhead. You can get an item called Item_PinkShirt, which makes you look like you have a... (Suprise) Pink Shirt!
I'll be using Slayer to make it so you cannot manually change your Avatar, and the only way you can change it would be by using a Shirt Item, Pants Item, Shoes Item, etc.
Similar to Jake's Combat Gear (http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=257456.0) in the way you equip/dequip it. Also, they'd give minimal amounts of protection. How hard could it be..?

What a clever idea, I would make it if I could, but here's why I can't.

#1: I can't script, so I won't be able to make a script that allows you to put it on and take it off.

#2: I don't know how to make decals for Blockland, so I won't be able to make a decal for the shirt.

#3: Scripting is something you can't learn in 1 day, obviously.

Svience02, if you make the item model I can make the scripts.

Svience02, if you make the item model I can make the scripts.
This shouldn't require a model. It just changes the Avatar.

This shouldn't require a model. It just changes the Avatar.
Well it needs an item that can be picked up and held in the inventory.

Well it needs an item that can be picked up and held in the inventory.
That should be easy. You could just make a universal small model for everything. Like, a small box.

Oh, Forum Post : Come back from the Grave!
I really do need this made though. But I should stop bumping it.

this is a cute idea.  I condone the use of any of my decals to test / use in the final product ;)

Those look like they're from the old RTB game. Or was it TBM? I can't recall.

Those look like they're from the old RTB game. Or was it TBM? I can't recall.
RTB was the original mod.  TBM had the same decals though.
They are, though.  They're all also classic Lego Minifigs, but I haven't really made any that weren't in RTB, as RTB's decals were a great reference and I don't really own any of those minifigs to look at in person.