Author Topic: Furdle & Thorfin25 - "Server lagging? Time to permaban half the server!"  (Read 26135 times)

Also it's his server, if he wants to ban people based upon initial impression, then what's the harm?
Quote from: Uncle Bisjac
because new players get a very quick and bad reception of the game if/when they are banned for basically no reason.

its bad enough when steam forums, youtube comments, other such places have  people saying how bad the community is. when its not even close to the majority. it only takes 1 hour and 1 server for a person to hate a game.

If you think "gr8dayseth" is bad then you obviously haven't seen the names of you you've banned.

If you think "gr8dayseth" is bad then you obviously haven't seen the names of you you've banned.
Dr.Butt isn't that bad.

Quote from: QiDiscussionServerChatLogs
[3:43 PM][26141] Cca: dont tell me who not to talk to
[3:43 PM][91456] Hammereditor²: I just hate Pass and Furdle.
[3:43 PM][24280] Aoki: yea
[3:43 PM][35837] NuclearNacho: Furdle's a bitch.
Cca was the cause of server attacks recently and is banned. Hammereditor is hated by many, and got banned. The clan QI is known for it's bad reputation.
We already have many players, and honestly the amount of new players that join Furdle's server is at a bare minimum. I've probably seen 1 Blockhead all week I've been on.
Dr.Butt isn't that bad.
It is when he spams.

It is when he spams.
>Saying it like we already knew
Well if you banned for spamming and not names then it's fine.
But it still doesn't justify the other reasons why they were banned.

We already have many players, and honestly the amount of new players that join Furdle's server is at a bare minimum. I've probably seen 1 Blockhead all week I've been on.
If they won't hate the game, they'll probably hate the server, because you gave an awful first impression. Even if you do finish it, unban everyone, and don't do that ban-on-sight crap, that user will either A) still think he's banned (because not everyone who plays blockland browses the forums) or B) dislikes your server already because he still thinks he'll be banned on sight.

If they won't hate the game, they'll probably hate the server, because you gave an awful first impression. Even if you do finish it, unban everyone, and don't do that ban-on-sight crap, that user will either A) still think he's banned (because not everyone who plays blockland browses the forums) or B) dislikes your server already because he still thinks he'll be banned on sight.

>Saying it like we already knew
Well if you banned for spamming and not names then it's fine.
But it still doesn't justify the other reasons why they were banned.
So you're saying we have to state every single reason why we banned 200+ players? It's not a requirement to state a reason, and it's time consuming. Takes time away from building. So it's much easier to just ban without a reason.

And we would care why? We're not in the server trying to give the best possible first impression :cookieMonster: We're there to build, and get rid of people who cause problems with the building environment or mess with the builders.

And we would care why? We're not in the server trying to give the best possible first impression :cookieMonster: We're there to build, and get rid of people who cause problems with the building environment or mess with the builders.
That's obviously not the case since you've banned people on sight.

That's obviously not the case since you've banned people on sight.
i never even got past the loading screen

So you're saying we have to state every single reason why we banned 200+ players?
When the hell did I say that
I was talking about the fact that you made it sound like you were banning them for their names
Something tells me if people with the name of "Dr.Butt" don't rejoin, we'll be better off.
It's not a requirement to state a reason, and it's time consuming. Takes time away from building. So it's much easier to just ban without a reason.
It takes like 30 seconds to come up with a reason.

And we would care why?
Because you'll have no audience to stroke your ego in front of eventually.

thorfin have you noticed yet how nobody agrees with you

thorfin have you noticed yet how nobody agrees with you
inb4hesays"furdleandallmyfriendsthatyoun eversawbeforedo"

Basically what Arekan said.
Because you'll have no audience to stroke your ego in front of eventually.

So you're saying we have to state every single reason why we banned 200+ players? It's not a requirement to state a reason, and it's time consuming. Takes time away from building. So it's much easier to just ban without a reason.
Dude, it takes like 30 seconds to come up with a reason. Stop making bullstuff excuses.