Author Topic: Blockland Dedicated Server Help- dedicated.bat crashing!  (Read 2037 times)

So today, user Smooth joined my City RP server (not dedicated). He helped me with my welcome message and offered help with making a dedicated server. He told me to get notepad, copy and paste something and name it dedicated.bat, which I was supposed to put in my blockland folder. So I did, and it worked good for a second. Then, I got a message and it crashed. I have a video link here and I have a picture of it attached. Can somebody explain to me what's going on and WHY it's happening? Thank you.

From what it appears, the launcher is trying to run the Blockland.exe game from the same directory the launcher is in.
Post the dedicated.bat contents.

From what it appears, the launcher is trying to run the Blockland.exe game from the same directory the launcher is in.
Post the dedicated.bat contents.
Smooth typed it into a brick event and I copied an pasted it into the file

Smooth typed it into a brick event and I copied an pasted it into the file
You do realize typing it out here would have been just fine right?
Also get something like puush to take screenshots, or just use blocklands GUI screenshot keybind.
Anyway, unless if you want it to run another blockland installation for the dedicated server, remove the '-profilePath .', the reason it's messing up is because the is an invalid directory, you could do something like 'C:/Users/(yourusername)/Desktop/DedicatedBl/' .

You do realize typing it out here would have been just fine right?
Also get something like puush to take screenshots, or just use blocklands GUI screenshot keybind.
Anyway, unless if you want it to run another blockland installation for the dedicated server, remove the '-profilePath .', the reason it's messing up is because the is an invalid directory, you could do something like 'C:/Users/(yourusername)/Desktop/DedicatedBl/' .
I was on my phone when making the topic. So all I have to do is remove profile path? I'll try that, thanks!

Make a .bat file in your Blockland folder that says this:
"Blockland.exe" ptlaaxobimwroe -dedicated
and then open it.

Make a .bat file in your Blockland folder that says this:
"Blockland.exe" ptlaaxobimwroe -dedicated
and then open it.
Please ignore this.

Please ignore this.
Why? It's how I do it and it works just fine. There's no problems with it as far as I can tell.

Some important game files cannot be written to. Check the profilePath and read only status.

Why? It's how I do it and it works just fine. There's no problems with it as far as I can tell.
Your game wont update if you do this.
This could cause things not to work.