Author Topic: Basketball Americans attack people in parking lot.  (Read 14708 times)

I don't think I said that anywhere, and that's obviously not something I support.

Please enlighten me though, where's this prime evidence that I want blacks segregated? :)

If you're in the business of avoiding violent crime, you should just say that you avoid poor people, since that's a much better predictive measure of who is probably a criminal than just 'black'.

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 08:22:05 PM by Badspot »

The above is what you call giving up completely.

I'm just saying those stats I posted aren't false and they're not completely irrelevant
They aren't false, but they're the result of a really long-lasting socioeconomic disadvantage that's affected black people for a long time. It's probably not relevant to bring those up in a conversation like this because the implication is that these statistics are true because black people are inherently violent, which isn't accurate.

The above is what you call giving up completely.

I don't think he's trolling I think he just has a genuinely conservative standpoint.
embark on a magical journey of stupid

the implication is that these statistics are true because black people are inherently violent, which isn't accurate.

But if one was avoiding violence, one would avoid the demographic group statistically more likely to incite violence, regardless of cultural issues

If you are about to respond to me it is worth noting I have read almost nothing but the above quote in this argument

i had no problem with caribou but now im seeing past this pretend innocent child behavior. loving hell lol

But if one was avoiding violence, one would avoid the demographic group statistically more likely to incite violence, regardless of cultural issues

If you are about to respond to me it is worth noting I have read almost nothing but the above quote in this argument
I'd argue that it's more important to not treat black people like they are criminals than it is to marginally reduce your risk of being the victim of a crime.

I don't think he's trolling I think he just has a genuinely conservative standpoint.
Being conservative is no excuse for his behaviour.

I'd argue that it's more important to not treat black people like they are criminals than it is to marginally reduce your risk of being the victim of a crime.
but bruh, all we be doing is stealin and killin and stuff, mayne. erry single one of us. there aint no mothaforgetin exceptions bruh.

/s

a fair point. I don't suggest you should treat anyone like criminals. Just be aware of your surroundings.

If I said I would be equally nervous near any large group of young adults, regardless of their race, that would be a lie. I'm human; I'm comfortable with what I'm familiar with, and I live in Idaho. I think I saw exactly one African American in person in the first ten years of my life. The important part is to recognize that fear and understand it is unjust; challenge the bias (natural or cultural) and do what you can to make properly informed decisions.

Another reason that a riled-up looking mob is a degree more terrifying in this scenario is because I would be immediately, visibly different from them. It's never a good thing to be noticeably different from large groups of aimlessly aggressive humans, in any context.

Well, I wouldn't exactly say marginally.
Obviously depends where you are. If you're rich and in a rich area with rich blacks and rich whites it doesn't matter at all.
If you're in, I don't know, a high school whose district spans from the city to the suburbs, race might actually come into play.
After all, you take a white american and a black american, and if there's an assault between them it's 200x more likely to be the black man doing the assaulting.

What I wanna know is why this turned into a thread talking about the disadvantages in the black community from discussing the mob attack. Read this: http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/100-blacks-beat-white-couple-media-buries-attack/ Sounds like a hate crime to me

Well, I wouldn't exactly say marginally.
Obviously depends where you are. If you're rich and in a rich area with rich blacks and rich whites it doesn't matter at all.
If you're in, I don't know, a high school whose district spans from the city to the suburbs, race might actually come into play.
After all, you take a white american and a black american, and if there's an assault between them it's 200x more likely to be the black man doing the assaulting.
I don't think I'm really at risk for being assaulted at all, and my school is in an area that is both pretty close to stuffty neighborhoods and good ones as well.

What I wanna know is why this turned into a thread talking about the disadvantages in the black community from discussing the mob attack. Read this: http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/100-blacks-beat-white-couple-media-buries-attack/ Sounds like a hate crime to me
that's gotta be some of the most clear-cut backtracking I've ever seen.