Author Topic: Basketball Americans attack people in parking lot.  (Read 14314 times)

I'd just like to say that I've taken my soc classes, understand the cycle of poverty, the code of the streets, the redlining and blockbusting on the mid 20th century, but that doesn't mean I'd rather be around black people as they presently are. That stuff might determine if we can solve the issue and how, but it doesn't change the current situation. Blacks are still far more likely to be violent and criminals.
If you're in the business of avoiding violent crime, you should just say that you avoid poor people, since that's a much better predictive measure of who is probably a criminal than just 'black'.

If you're in the business of avoiding violent crime, you should just say that you avoid poor people, since that's a much better predictive measure of who is probably a criminal than just 'black'.
This is also true.
You can't tell who's poor by looking at them though. Usually, anyway.

If I was interviewing a nice professional African American for a job hell no I wouldn't reject him or think less of him because he's black.
But for situations where one is dealing with large amounts of people you can't get to know, this is relevant. For example I'd support police using racial profiling.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:30:00 PM by DrenDran »

I inferred that your ancestors showed up with family because you mentioned multiple ancestors fleeing Russia. I'm guessing they didn't flee Russia naked either, right? (please compare to kidnapped Africans). I'm also guessing they had education because if they didn't, they would have gone into the 'hard-labor' line of work and you would have used that as another example of how they 'resisted adversity', right?

Please tell me if I'm hitting within the ballpark here.
You literally just gave us an outline of your ethnic and religious ancestry. You were handed stuff, via a long family line that was richer and more successful because of the characteristics they arrived with here.

Seventh, of course they didn't come naked but they also didn't come to America wearing gold plated vests and Louis Vitton boots. How do you know I was handed stuff?

If you actually believe you've had any struggles throughout your life please do inform me.

I am a victim of many things, one being of you and another being my server getting DDoS'd.

Are you saying that someone is poor because they are black? Talk about bias!

I am a victim of many things, one being of you and another being my server getting DDoS'd.
What a charity case.

LOL

I'm actually speechless. I can't think of anything that exemplifies privilege better than this.

This is also true.
You can't tell who's poor by looking at them though. Usually, anyway.
I hang around black people though, and I've never been mugged or robbed. So I think you might be unfairly balancing the scale towards 'avoiding violent crime' versus 'not treating black people like sub-humans'.

Seventh, of course they didn't come naked but they also didn't come to America wearing gold plated vests and Louis Vitton boots. How do you know I was handed stuff?
You just asked the same question I answered already. I'm sorry, but I don't know how to make it any clear to you that your ancestors lived significantly better lives than American slaves.

You just asked the same question I answered already. I'm sorry, but I don't know how to make it any clear to you that your ancestors lived significantly better lives than American slaves.
Swedes cloth. Slaves no cloth.

I'm positive Caribou is just trolling now. Why are you even taking this guy seriously, Seventh?

Holy stuff, are you for real? I'm guessing you've given up trying to defend how tribal you are.

Are you saying that someone is poor because they are black? Talk about bias!
No?

I'm positive Caribou is just trolling now. Why are you even taking this guy seriously, Seventh?
He's not trolling, and he's legitimately this tribal. He's just acting like it was all an elaborate ruse now so that he can salvage his identity after all the tribal stuff he's just permanently immortalized in writing on this thread.

That reminds me when that pizzaforpresident.tumblr guy compared not being able to go to Disneyland to the genocide of the Native American people.
yeah let me shut the forget up I've got my laugh for today
Seventh makes much better arguments but it doesn't mean nothing if Caribou i gonna stay stupid forever
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:34:00 PM by Aces »

yeah let me shut the forget up I've got my laugh for today
Seventh makes much better arguments but it doesn't mean nothing if Caribou i gonna stay stupid forever
I feel like this was a productive conversation since now I have concrete written evidence that Caribou is just as tribal as I thought he was.

I feel like this was a productive conversation since now I have concrete written evidence that Caribou is just as tribal as I thought he was.

I also have prime evidence of you supporting whites to be segregated.

He's not trolling, and he's legitimately this tribal. He's just acting like it was all an elaborate ruse now so that he can salvage his identity after all the tribal stuff he's just permanently immortalized in writing on this thread.
Don't know man, the way he writes makes me think he's trolling

I also have prime evidence of you supporting whites to be segregated.
I don't think I said that anywhere, and that's obviously not something I support.

Please enlighten me though, where's this prime evidence that I want whites segregated? :)

i wut
I hang around black people though, and I've never been mugged or robbed. So I think you might be unfairly balancing the scale towards 'avoiding violent crime' versus 'not treating black people like sub-humans'.
It's not like I've never had a black friend lol
I'm just saying those stats I posted aren't false and they're not completely irrelevant