Author Topic: Basketball Americans attack people in parking lot.  (Read 14315 times)

and I don't know if he realizes how biased his side of the argument is.
PFFFFT

So just to be clear, is anyone still doubting that Caribou is a tribal hick?

Caribou should go watch Fox News instead of being an idiot

So just to be clear, is anyone still doubting that Caribou is a tribal hick?
nope

your mom comes from a white christian family. the very people this country was created for. it is by no means surprising that they found opportunity

THis country was also accepting to many other people too, including my dads side which were Jewish and came from Russia in the 1880 to flee from the Pogroms. They made it here, and were able to find opportunity. Back then I know it was different since any minority really had no chance, but now it's anyone's game honestly. Anyone can be anything today

Anyone can be anything today
No one is denying that. It's just much easier for certain people (you) to have more things handed to them rather than people who remain in toxic situations because of class and race.

Are you even going to address all this:
Slavery has been outlawed for a long time, but 'separate but equal' was only overturned 60 years ago. That means there's only 3 or 4 generations between now and when black people were forced to go to worse schools than white people by United States federal law. We've made great strides towards closing the employment and wage gap between white and black people, but it's still definitely there.
Yes it does, the difference being that a much smaller percentage of white people are impoverished than black people. A cursory look at the statistics makes this obvious:

http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/poverty-rate-by-raceethnicity/
Once again, you are basing your argument on unverifiable evidence that you pulled completely out of your ass. A great body of rigorous scientific evidence has been accumulated over the last 40 years regarding workplace discrimination by race and loveual orientation. The overwhelming consensus is that it's still a major problem, even if it's seemingly subconscious at times.

I'll even provide you with a bibliography of contemporary sources showing this if you aren't willing to research it yourself.
No, pretty much every economic benefit I have dates back to some advantages my ancestors had. My grandmother married my grandfather, an Anglo-Saxon. His ancestry sources back to some of the original English colonies, which were also the colonies that reaped immense economic success from the suffering and enslavement of the millions of ancestors of modern day African-Americans. I don't know your ancestry well enough, but mine seems to support pretty much exactly what I said about how impoverished families produce impoverished offspring, and wealthy families produce wealthy offspring.
I think your understanding of modern American society is warped by stuffty history textbooks that whitewash the lasting effects of poverty. The United States is not a land of equal opportunity by any means.

Or are you going to continue to pull stuff out of your ass?

THis country was also accepting to many other people too, including my dads side which were Jewish and came from Russia in the 1880 to flee from the Pogroms. They made it here, and were able to find opportunity. Back then I know it was different since any minority really had no chance, but now it's anyone's game honestly. Anyone can be anything today
Nothing you're saying supports this conclusion. In the risk of sounding like a SJW, your ancestry seems to predominantly date back to the most privileged and successful religious majority in North America at the time. Maybe if your ancestors had faced any kind of real struggle that was even remotely comparable to what slaves went through, I'd take you seriously. But they didn't. Your dad's ancestors were Jews who fled Russia. Big whoop, they still had possessions, education, and a family structure that could support them. The first slaves had literally none of that. Your dad's ancestors were equipped to recover within a generation. The socioeconomic damage and institutionalized racism that African-Americans felt and still feel from that era is on an entirely different level.

No one is denying that. It's just much easier for certain people (you) to have more things handed to them rather than people who remain in toxic situations because of class and race.

Are you even going to address all this:Or are you going to continue to pull stuff out of your ass?

How do you know that anything is being handed to me? Is it because I'm white? That's pretty tribal

Nothing you're saying supports this conclusion. In the risk of sounding like a SJW, your ancestry seems to predominantly date back to the most privileged and successful religious majority in North America at the time. Maybe if your ancestors had faced any kind of real struggle that was even remotely comparable to what slaves went through, I'd take you seriously. But they didn't. Your dad's ancestors were Jews who fled Russia. Big whoop, they still had possessions, education, and a family structure that could support them. The first slaves had literally none of that.

What I don't like is how you assume that they had possessions, education, and a family structure. They weren't able to attend any schools for the same reason as you said that many impoverished blacks go through (having to take care of their family members), and my dads ancestors had no possessions since whenever they'd get them they'd be taken away!

How do you know that anything is being handed to me? Is it because I'm white? That's pretty tribal

What I don't like is how you assume that they had possessions, education, and a family structure. They weren't able to attend any schools for the same reason as you said that many impoverished blacks go through (having to take care of their family members, and my dads ancestors had no possessions since whenever they'd get them they'd be taken away!
Bro, have you even read a history textbook recently? Damn.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:22:25 PM by dudeman162 »

Are you literally handicapped?

Caribou should go watch Fox News instead of being an idiot
same thing

I'd just like to say that I've taken my soc classes, understand the cycle of poverty, the code of the streets, the redlining and blockbusting on the mid 20th century, but that doesn't mean I'd rather be around black people as they presently are. That stuff might determine if we can solve the issue and how, but it doesn't change the current situation. Blacks are still far more likely to be violent and criminals.

Bro, haven you even read a history textbook recently? Damn.

As Seventh has already stated, I'm also a person who doesnt judge everything from "stuffty" history textbooks.

Are you literally handicapped?

How do you assume by dads background and that they were privileged because they were white? Just like you don't like when people assume bad things about a certain group, don't assume that all whites are privileged and have everything.

What I don't like is how you assume that they had possessions, education, and a family structure.
I inferred that your ancestors showed up with family because you mentioned multiple ancestors fleeing Russia. I'm guessing they didn't flee Russia naked either, right? (please compare to kidnapped Africans). I'm also guessing they had education because if they didn't, they would have gone into the 'hard-labor' line of work and you would have used that as another example of how they 'resisted adversity', right?

Please tell me if I'm hitting within the ballpark here.

You literally just gave us an outline of your ethnic and religious ancestry. You were handed stuff, via a long family line that was richer and more successful because of the characteristics they arrived with here.

How do you assume by dads background and that they were privileged because they were white? Just like you don't like when people assume bad things about a certain group, don't assume that all whites are privileged and have everything.
At this point, I'm kind of just assuming that you're middle to upper-class since you wouldn't be bragging about your ancestors accomplishments otherwise.

If you actually believe you've had any struggles throughout your life please do inform me.