Author Topic: ppsspp help, blinking player 1 light of death  (Read 1745 times)

my psp broke the other day so I decided to download an emulator, namely ppsspp.
the game I have (not pirated) Is Db: Tag team. I don't like using keyboards for 3d fighters so I usually use a controller.
I plug in my dualshock 3 ps3 controller into the usb port, the computer recognizes its a game controller, and I turn on the emulator.
unresponsive. Is there a 3rd party program that can help me in my cause? or is it the controller itself? I've already looked into a program named
motion or something along the lines of that, it looks shady as forget and xpadder looks confusing.

Ok update, downloaded better DS3. Re-plugged controller in random usb now the 1st player light is flashing with no response. Again it says there is a gaming controller plugged in its just that I can't "test" to see if it works properly.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:32:17 PM by Alkatjo »

Use Better DS3. MotionInJoy IS a virus.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 11:24:30 PM by SpongeCraft1212 »

xpadder is actually really easy

Decided to troubleshoot.

USB device is an older device that might not work with USB 3.0 (for some reason the dualshock is now a usb 2.0?) Plug in a 2.0 port, otherwise click next.

Have you set up the controller settings?

New > XInput > Autofill: XBox 360 > Profile Name: "X360 Controller" > Battery or Custom 1 > Save Profile > Selected Profile: X360 Controller > Apply

Done.

haha what
when you open it, it tries to open some shady chinese site.
i think that's proof enough.

except its not a virus
I used MotionJoy quite a bit, and the only issues i had with it was that if the usb isn't plugged in all the way, it crashes your computer.

Other than that, its not a virus.

Never happened to me.

edit: nvm

The interface is (or was?) a trojan, the MotionInJoy driver isn't a virus.  BetterDS3 is a safe way of using the driver, from my understanding.

it opens in ym dads pc but not mine.