Topic Too Old

Author Topic: Topic Too Old  (Read 2185 times)

Anyone else think the Topic too Old limit is really low?  I think it's like 1 month.  Especially for content creators. If I create a thread in Add-Ons for my stuff and I make something new like a month or so after i create the thread, and it has kinda died down from lack of hype (probably because I haven't created anything) then shouldn't I be able to bump the old thread so I can post my new mod?  I'd assume people would much rather see the old thread return to page 1 than see a whole new thread for the same BS they've already seen before.

I feel like OP's should be able to bump any of their threads.  Is bumping really that big of a deal anyways?  How much does it really disrupt your life if an old thread appears on page 1 among the other 20 threads anyways?  If it really wasn't that important (and people don't make a point to bitch at the person who bumped for 3 days) then the thread is going to return to where it was anyways.  At the very least I feel like the too-old limit should be 6 months - a year for OPs. Since if someone doesn't plan on making new content or updating something for that long, they probably aren't going to anyways.  (or enough people will have forgotten about their old thread that a new one might not hurt so much)

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:34:54 PM by Jay the Cartoonist »

Maybe the TTO limit could be raised only for the Add-ons section and maybe Community Projects (forum adventures take long to update)? I could imagine Off-Topic and Drama having to deal with irrelevant bullstuff for this reason, since even then old threads that aren't quite old enough are bumped and it gets aggravating.

I agree with this. Keep the limit at around a year or something for OP's I'd say, and then have it be 1-2 months for everyone else.
Maybe the TTO limit could be raised only for the Add-ons section and maybe Community Projects (forum adventures take long to update)? I could imagine Off-Topic and Drama having to deal with irrelevant bullstuff for this reason, since even then old threads that aren't quite old enough are bumped and it gets aggravating.
maybe just everything but off topic and drama then? I could see an increase in the limit helpful in Creativity where people make threads where they post all of the art that they've made.

I suppose but those boards aren't really that important, I don't think there should be rules that are enforced across the entire forum that are really only beneficial to those boards.  They don't actually contribute anything useful to Blockland's development or the community's development.

I agree that Add-Ons should have a longer bump time, it can help modders get their add-ons some attention once the topic falls into obscurity
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:53:46 PM by WaterOre »

There you have it ladies and gentlemen, Add-Ons is an unimportant board that contributes nothing to the game. Remember: you heard it here first.

he was referring to CP, OT, and Drama

Yeah, I know. I'm going to remove that little statement from my post.

Was actually only referring to OT and Drama.  Never really posted in CP before but child says they could also benefit from longer bump times so I'll believe him  :cookieMonster:

The limit is two months, actually.

Drama bumps should be decreased if anything. Two weeks should be the cap in my opinion.

Get rid of the "Too Old" limit for the OPs. Except in Drama.

All the WIP topics in gallery I have to keep remaking.
What a pain. I have a folder full of topic layouts.

Get rid of the "Too Old" limit for the OPs. Except in Drama.

aaaaaa dunno about everywhere.
if this happened, you'd get a bunch of people jumping on stuffty threads and bumping them, getting banned, and then other people would post "omg why did you bump what's wrong with you forgethead", which would result in badspot having to remove multiple posts constantly.

I think it belongs in gallery/add-ons, that's it.
maybe help.