Author Topic: Speedkart VS  (Read 638 times)

Basically, speedkarts with presumably a hurtful touch from the front. You either have enclosed maps (where you're forced to drive into them) or open areas (where you can maneuver around and try and get them off the platform to their death)

it'd use the same speedkarts as the original speedkart

i was thinking that after the countdown, presumably done in chat or something, the blocks that are used to spawn your speedkart dissapear and become passable, via events.

discuss i guess

I'm confused what you mean by 'hurtful touch' and 'them.' but if you're talking about a bumper kart type minigame with speedkarts, both the karts that collide will frequently go flying. and if they don't go flying, they're likely stuck to each other. for these reasons, I probably wouldn't attempt a gamemode like this

Realistic speedkart bumping would be cool, but near impossible and unpractical with the torque script engine

I think that's what you meant..

I'm confused what you mean by 'hurtful touch' and 'them.' but if you're talking about a bumper kart type minigame with speedkarts, both the karts that collide will frequently go flying. and if they don't go flying, they're likely stuck to each other. for these reasons, I probably wouldn't attempt a gamemode like this
yeah, agreed, blocklands physics would screw this over, maybe an item system? like, you have a health bar of 5 bars, and you can either get 1-3 rockets (1 damage each) hammer (2 damage, 1 swing) banhammer (threw, explodes, 3 damage) and a mushroom (speed boost dur). Like, you'd shoot it out from your front or behind (presumably you'd choose the back or forward with W/S) and there'd be item boxes (a bitch to code i'd presume) and stuffs.

but yeah it'd be a bitch to code

(presumably you'd choose the back or forward with W/S)

I like the general idear, but this part. I say either new keybinds or use already bound keys like q/e/r (Tools/Paint/Light)

near impossible and unpractical with the torque script engine

Not true. The physics code just has to be sorted out. I heard a rumor that they're working on this.

How trustworthy of a source did it come from?