Author Topic: Let's define a standard for the "Hurtz" - the measurement of pain  (Read 4090 times)

I came across this amusing thread, which also got me thinking.  What would a "megahurtz" (1,000,000 hurtz) be?  Has anyone ever actually felt a megahurtz?  Should we all port forward, so that we'll feel less pain in our lives?

Let's define an inter-Blockland standard for the Hurtz, so that we can determine once and for all how much pain one megahurtz is.

Measures: Pain felt (not physical injury).
Abbrevation: Htz, unless someone thinks of a better one. (Htz from ZombieDude)
Defined by: The psychological constant, or Psych constant

List of various injuries and the approximate Hurtz associated with them:
  • Tooth pain - 230 Htz
  • Giving birth - 500 kHtz
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 03:15:37 PM by Xalos »

it should be the htz
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 02:45:41 PM by ZombieDude »

giving birth is 500 kilohurtz

I'm pretty sure different people feel pain at different levels, or would report it differently.

I'm pretty sure different people feel pain at different levels, or would report it differently.

Do not bring your logic into here!  We must forge blindly onward!  We must discover what the secret of the megahurtz is!

the only real way would be to measure brain activity according to levels of pain, and that would be innaccurate and unethical

Death varies from 0htz to 1Mhtz

I think this scale needs to include a negative side too, including pleasurable things.

For example, light tickling might be -100 Htz

stubbing your toe is about 500 megahurtz

I think this scale needs to include a negative side too, including pleasurable things.

For example, light tickling might be -100 Htz
Tickling is not pleasurable in the least bit.

I woke up one morning with a gigantic cramp screaming bloody murder. I could feel it for the next 3 days, to give you an idea. Someone measure this for me please

lets define female climax as 0 because it hurts but is pleasurable

Tickling is not pleasurable in the least bit.
It's not what I would consider painful. (Spasming out from it can cause pain, and being short of breathe might be painful though).
But things like tickling, or having your skin/hair stroked, should be on the same scale.

stepping on a lego brick is 750mhtz