when ur friends think everything on the internet is a virus

Author Topic: when ur friends think everything on the internet is a virus  (Read 5669 times)

i cannot express how stupid some of my rl friends are, thinking everything on the internet is a virus

recently, me and my friend who livez 5 streets away from me suggested we could host a minecraft server together. my wifi stinks atm so i suggested he could host it. obviously he didn't know how to port forwardz it so i suggested using hamachi. "noo, the last time i installed hamachi on my laptop everything stopped working, and i got a bunch of viruses!!"

i wanted my other friend to play a game i made in rpg maker, but it exports to .exe so that was a problem right there. gave it to him, said "no, what if it could be a virus??!?". why would one of your friends just give you a virus omfg. i gave him a virustotal scan and he still would not believe me aaa

discuss handicapped people who think everything in the world is a virus

My dad.
The downstairs computer is the only one in the house with a printer, and it's SLOWER THAN A loving SLOTH.
So, sometimes when I download stuff, my dad tells me "the computer was really slow after you downloaded blah"

Also, he believes CC Cleaner will give him significantly better performance.
Does he even computer?

My dad always think I don't know what I am doing when I use the computer and if anything goes wrong he always blame me even if I don't visit him for weeks.

Does he even computer?
i used ccleaner once and i noticed a very slight increase in performance

Does he even computer?
if a computer's full of garbage and slowing down, it can

i still remember some guy who told me that he installed linux on his hdds bootstrap to make it boot faster

what they do is search "hamachi download" and see some glowing yellow DOWNLOAD FREE TORRENT HAMACHI LEGIT KEY HERE FREE and click it

then they go to a website like cnet where they host free software, and bundle it with browser hijackers, adware, spyware, and worst of all:

BING

and bundle it with browser hijackers, adware, spyware, and worst of all:

BING
relevant

My dad took a look at the files on my computer to see why it's continuously dropping the Internet connection. He then uninstalled Firefox, Steam, a few files in the Windows folder and my antivirus, claiming that they were all malware.
Later that same day, I logged on to his computer because he was complaining about the fact that it was taking over 10 minutes to start. Upon taking one look at his desktop, I saw bearshare, TornTV, several browsers, delta-search and even BonziBUDDY. Windows explorer refused to start, all of his browsers took 20 minutes to load and AVG antivirus crashed on startup. He wouldn't admit that he'd screwed up his PC pretty badly. Almost instantly afterwards, his computer bluescreened.

they're handicaps then and are not worth talking to

Someone get that greentext.

You know the one I'm talking about.

My mom thinks Linux is a virus

My mom thought Blockland was a virus when I first got it regardless of how many times I said its not.

My mom thought steam was a virus, she thought avast was fake my dad blamed me for installing steam on his Mac and that is supposedly a "virus". my brother forgeted up my moms old laptop so I /had/ to put Linux on it because we had no install DVD and then she claimed I ruined it when my brother forgeted with the MBR. I got grounded for installing drivers in her computer because they were a "virus" she took it to some support friend who she had to pay $100 dollars for a charger cable and for a malwarebytes scan. My dad thought Minecraft was fake, also forgot to add my mom fell for one of those fake Norton av things and bought one, all her info was stolen.
It also took my mom two years to trust selling online.
I'm on my phone, too lazy to fix mistakes
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 10:55:38 AM by Nal »