Author Topic: Damn Hippies stealing my stuff  (Read 4175 times)

angry mac user detected
 :cookieMonster:
lol i've never used a mac except for at school. even then i hate using them because the ui sucks.

my point is there's no sense in bashing someone for spending money on stuff they care about. why should i spend $50 on a transformers figure when i could just get one at walmart for $10? why spend $60 on dress clothes when i could get stuff at walmart for $20? why spend $2000 on a gaming rig when you could just get one for $1000? etc etc. it's a matter of quality and a show of status.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 04:57:58 PM by carolcat »

jesus christ wtf is wrong with you people

this person had something they valued taken from their possession unfairly
is that ever ok? is that ever more ok than other cases? i don't really think anyone's in a position to try and invalidate OP's feelings on the matter. regardless of if he was on fifty-seven different drugs at once or not, and regardless of if you think a skateboard is a valuable item, if OP legitimately acquired the item, he has every right to be upset about someone taking it. this is a completely subjective scenario given from OP's point of view.

and please don't try and compare this to the value of a computer. a computer is obviously generally more useful and more powerful than a skateboard, and more valuable in most cases, but it serves to muddy things up and randomly dismiss OP's problem. OP gets enjoyment from skateboarding just as you might get enjoyment from a computer. comparing values is pretty irrelevant as well unless you're speaking in a more general context of thievery.

aslo y wud u guys spend $1000+ on a bunhc of metl n platstic.. my $250 netbulk workz just fyne jeez u guys r crazy
tl;dr

User was banned for this post
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:12:26 PM by Badspot »

lol i've never used a mac except for at school. even then i hate using them because the ui sucks.

my point is there's no sense in bashing someone for spending money on stuff they care about. why should i spend $50 on a transformers figure when i could just get one at walmart for $10? why spend $60 on dress clothes when i could get stuff at walmart for $20? why spend $2000 on a gaming rig when you could just get one for $1000? etc etc. it's a matter of quality and a show of status.
how are you going to bust both of your kneecaps with a transformer

jesus christ wtf is wrong with you people

this person had something they valued taken from their possession unfairly
is that ever ok? is that ever more ok than other cases? i don't really think anyone's in a position to try and invalidate OP's feelings on the matter. regardless of if he was on fifty-seven different drugs at once or not, and regardless of if you think a skateboard is a valuable item, if OP legitimately acquired the item, he has every right to be upset about someone taking it. this is a completely subjective scenario given from OP's point of view.

and please don't try and compare this to the value of a computer. a computer is obviously generally more useful and more powerful than a skateboard, and more valuable in most cases, but it serves to muddy things up and randomly dismiss OP's problem. OP gets enjoyment from skateboarding just as you might get enjoyment from a computer. comparing values is pretty irrelevant as well unless you're speaking in a more general context of thievery.

aslo y wud u guys spend $1000+ on a bunhc of metl n platstic.. my $250 netbulk workz just fyne jeez u guys r crazy

Cept nothing was taken from him. He lost it on his own for being an idiot, and is trying to blame the unknown void to steer blame from himself.

Those people are stupid, yes.
Ah so anyone who doesn't glare at their computer for 12 hours straight like you is stupid?

Ah so anyone who doesn't glare at their computer for 12 hours straight like you is stupid?
While it's cute that you're trying to do some kind of... I don't know, I guess I'd call it a "you fukn nerd" routine, my job actually does typically have me at the computer for ages. But no, that's not what I said. People who don't understand the value of technology are stupid, I'm sorry if that concept proved too much for you to understand. If you honestly believe that a plank of wood on wheels has a greater value than technology, the thing that is kind probably propping up modern civilization? Yes, you are stupid.

While it's cute that you're trying to do some kind of... I don't know, I guess I'd call it a "you fukn nerd" routine, my job actually does typically have me at the computer for ages. But no, that's not what I said. People who don't understand the value of technology are stupid, I'm sorry if that concept proved too much for you to understand. If you honestly believe that a plank of wood on wheels has a greater value than technology, the thing that is kind probably propping up modern civilization? Yes, you are stupid.
a "plank of wood on wheels" is technology you dumbforget

a "plank of wood on wheels" is technology you dumbforget
You know what I'm talking about, don't pretend to be autistic.

Sorry that people have varying opinions, I guess we should all just listen to the entitled kingshal for now on!

Sorry that people have varying opinions, I guess we should all just listen to the entitled kingshal for now on!
People can have opinions, but that doesn't mean they can't be stupid.

Kingshal
Oh man, this is good. Thank you for this, I'm definitely going to use this in the future.

People can have opinions, but that doesn't mean they can't be stupid.
Oh man, this is good. Thank you for this, I'm definitely going to use this in the future.
Actually that was just ipad autocorrect lmao

tl;dr

User was banned for this post

Can you possibly be more blunt with breaking rules?

Actually that was just ipad autocorrect lmao
Again and again, Apple slowly pulls me into their favour through the power of autocorrect.

It hurts. So good.

a show of status.
Bingo.

It's hipsters trying to out do each other on the "my bag of feces cost 50$!" - "well, MY bag of feces cost 60$!" richard measuring competition.
Very little to do with actual quality.

> $255 skateboard
what