Looking for some help in Terraria

Author Topic: Looking for some help in Terraria  (Read 1782 times)

Quite recently i started playing Terraria again and realized that co-op is tremendously fun
So i bought the game for my best buddypal Klarck
However both of us don't want to risk killing our internets and hamachi is just downright loving horrible
So now we're looking for someone (preferably from somewhere around EU) to host a server and play with us.
We weren't planning on having a threesome, but things change and now we need someone with big enough balls to su- err.. host a server
Create a large world and add a pass to it, and then add me on steam and we'll test stuff out
First come first serve!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:00:38 PM by Landmineman4000² »

terraria doesnt take up much internet bandwidth. I have terrible internet and can host with my friend and he gets good connection. (even using upnp)

terraria doesnt take up much internet bandwidth. I have terrible internet and can host with my friend and he gets good connection. (even using upnp)
I've tried port forwarding for BL and i see that does it automatically in the serverconfig.txt file and a couple of guides
But now i'm connected by cable instead of a router so i'd rather not forget around

I can host, I've recently got back into Terraria as well.

But now i'm connected by cable instead of a router
If you mean your computer connects straight to the modem, them you don't need to port forward to host things
If that's not what you mean, then I can't think of what you mean

But now i'm connected by cable instead of a router

I didn't even see this. Yeah, what the guy above me said. If you're plugged directly into the modem, then you have absolutely no need to portforward. Portforwarding is just a way to tell a/the router where to send information.

If you mean your computer connects straight to the modem, them you don't need to port forward to host things
If that's not what you mean, then I can't think of what you mean
Exactly that, but when i hosted Klar couldn't join
Is the ded server file required?

Yes, the only way to host server for Terraria is a dedicated server. So in essence, you should have two copies of Terraria running.

I lied, I didn't realize there was a Host & Play option. You did that and he still couldn't join?

Alright,i'll go and test some more
If Klarck can't any of you can just add me and help me out a bit
Also should i say y or n at the auto port forward bit?
EDIT: At y or n question help needed
Yes, the only way to host server for Terraria is a dedicated server. So in essence, you should have two copies of Terraria running.

I lied, I didn't realize there was a Host & Play option. You did that and he still couldn't join?
also that is what i did it didn't work
working on the server dedi file
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:37:20 PM by Landmineman4000² »

Klarck unfortunately had to log-off for today, anyone willing to help me out?
Steam: Landmineman4000

Yeah, Ill help out.

Which one are you, I get three results.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 02:10:58 PM by Butler »

evolve is a good alternative for hamachi, though its a little annoying to work with

Yeah, Ill help out.

Which one are you, I get three results.
The one who stares at you and has Terraria in his library

Two are staring at me, and one is looking to the right

:c

Fairly certain I picked the right one.

My steam name is Hershey
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 02:21:23 PM by Butler »