Brickman's Music Endeavors

Author Topic: Brickman's Music Endeavors  (Read 6221 times)

hello guys, I had a topic like this before but then I got too inactive and I couldn't post in it any more because of that. Hopefully this will push me to post more frequently in my own topic, to keep it alive. Anyways here I'll be posting songs that I've created or had some part in making. Most of my music sort of revolves around Electroswing, Psychadelic Rock, Hip-hop, and regular synth stuff.

My Soundcloud

What do you use?

I use Ableton Live as my DAW of choice, where I arrange drums and samples, and just arrange all of my recordings and stuff.
For the majority of my synth parts I use a Korg Monotron Duo, probably the best synthesizer in the world. eat your heart out, bob moog (rip).
I also use a Novation Launchpad for playing sample parts and drums.
Here's some other stuff I use:

• Korg Mini KaossPad 2
  • an insignificant brand electric guitar
  • some acoustic guitar
  • a mixer i bought for cheap from monoprice, wouldn't reccomend
  • Roland 20xl modeling amp
  • Korg Microkorg

My Songs!

Here I'll put all of the songs that I make. Newest songs will be at the bottom, older songs towards the top.

~~~~

Song Title: Snow Fort
Genre: Synth, Calm, Soundscape
Link: Snow Fort
Description:
"I've been teaching myself how to make better, more interesting, drum beats :) I think I've improved a lot just by paying attention to the drums when I listen to music."

~~~~

Song Title: Box of Bells
Genre: Rock, Funk
Link: Box of Bells

~~~~

Song Title: Remember
Genre: Soundscape, Calm
Link: Remember

~~~~

Song Title: Anti-Gravity
Genre: Electroswing, Hip-hop
Link: Anti-Gravity
Description:
"I sampled a couple of old records and plugged in my guitar and put this together and I love it"

~~~~

Song Title: Hold Me
Genre: Down-Tempo, Hip-hop, Synth
Link: Hold Me

~~~~

Song Title: Dear Atmosphere
Genre: post-rock, synth, instrumental, blep
Link: Dear Atmosphere
Description: "any phasing is 100% totally intentional ok"

~~~~

Song Title: Standby
Genre: post-rock
Link: Standby
Description:

~~~~

Song Title: Reverberate
Genre: trashsynth
Link: Reverberate

~~~~

Song Title: Summer Will Soon Be Over
Genre: orchestral
Link: Summer Will Soon Be Over

~~~~

Song Title: Float With Me new song
Genre: synthy music
Link: Float With Me

Go ahead and leave feedback! It means so much to me when I see someone enjoys the stuff that make, or has useful criticism to help me get better at this.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:30:54 AM by Brickman »

I actually really like anti-gravity
a lot of the community makes meh songs but that I really enjoyed, followed

how much do you recommend ableton? my teacher was talking about it in class when we were listening to music
he also wanted me to pirate it but NO
i'd rather save up and pay for the software

how much do you recommend ableton? my teacher was talking about it in class when we were listening to music
ableton is really good for everything I use it for. There's a free version of it that's kinda limited called Ableton Live Lite, I dunno if you can just download it somewhere or if its only a promotional thing when you buy something else, but try that before you decide to buy it. It's pretty weird that your teacher condoned pirating lol.

Edit: to add more to that, you can buy the lowest tier of Ableton for $100 http://www.amazon.com/Ableton-Live-Intro-Software-Library/dp/B00AZ98Z8U/ And it will supply you with all the tools you need for digital music production, but if you plan on implementing MIDI equipment you'll need at least the second tier.

The free "Ableton Live Lite" i was talking about is pretty much like Ableton Live Intro, but you're limited to 8 tracks intead of 16 and you dont get 4gb of samples. It's up to you, but just a sidenote; Live Lite comes free with the Novation Launchpad S (I know for sure i told you this before lol).

Thanks for the feedback guys. Last night I discovered a flaw in my mixing for anti-gravity, cuz if you listen to it on an iPod the drums sound weird. I'll have to reupload it after I fix it :/

Edit: Song is fixed, here's the new link to it https://soundcloud.com/theairshipera/antigravity. I took down the old link, so if you want to favorite it again you'll have to do it with the new upload ;D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 01:54:04 PM by Brickman »

Really, though, unless you're super serious about this and committed to learning it and making music, I'd say go with FL Studio first (or instead). You can get the same features for $100's less.

NEW SONG, FRIENDS! I love the beat repeat delay on ableton so much.

New song: Hold Me

Fun facts about this song; Apparently I'm distantly related to the singer that I sampled (Peggy Lee - I Wanna Be Loved), I'm not sure how distant or in what way I'm related, but I thought it was cool. Also I recorded the drum sounds from this old 80s PCM casio keyboard and used the samples (except the kick) to create my own beats, I like the lo-fi sound :)

Not a new song, but I just finished making this new profile picture for my Soundcloud. tell me what you think:

nice butts and airship

seriously tho thats really cool

nice butts and airship

seriously tho thats really cool
i'm starting to think everybody has that chrome extension that turns the word "cloud" into "butt", except me.

thanks tho.

that font doesn't fit that image imo

that font doesn't fit that image imo
What would you recommend then? I think it matches how the drawing looks because they both look like rough brushwork

What would you recommend then? I think it matches how the drawing looks because they both look like rough brushwork
yeah the drawing is just a little doodle I made then traced on pdn.
also if anyone's curious here's what it looks like in white. I don't know what one I prefer.

honestly, i'd make the insignia a bit smaller, with a lil grayer font but still transparent, then get rid of the writing entirely