Author Topic: V9 release questions.  (Read 6310 times)

How long do you think it will take before people have theri mods re-fitted for V9?

Its gonna suck waiting during that short time after it is released for people to fix up their add-ons.

Most mods should be compatible, you just need to re-pack them in a zip. In some cases you won't even have to change anything, just instead of extracting the mod, you just place the zip inside your add-ons folder.

Edit:

1. Will it release before christmas? Undecided
2. Will there be a trigger(event) system gui? Yes
3. Will it include teleport bricks? You can make them with the event system.
4. Will it have doors? You can also make them with the event system.
5. Will there be more of a tutoral? Possibly a short tut on the event system.
6. Will there be more special bricks? Undecided
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 01:22:26 AM by THE OD NOTOR »

You'll have to change the name of the script file within the zip that executes the code...

If you can make toggle invisible/nocolliding doors with v9's events system, possibility of people making invisible spam towers?

As possible as players spamming now, starting a minigame with a giant brick respawn time and shooting there spam with the rocket launcher.  Both would work, but eventually they will respawn.

If you can make toggle invisible/nocolliding doors with v9's events system, possibility of people making invisible spam towers?

I expect there will be a limit on the amoumt people can spawn, like vehicles.

And doors should be released with it, but they probably won't be.

Badspot isn't making doors.

The event system would just make it so that you could make a "door" by having a self-destruct brick that respawns after time. GAWD.

I expect there will be a limit on the amoumt people can spawn, like vehicles.

Knock yourself out making them, you'll need to name every single brick individually and then set up a trigger each one. If you spend the 4 hours getting that to work, you deserve a medal.

As for invisibility, there isn't any, unless you have a custom paint.

Can you have a brick which repeatedly explodes every second? (There one second, not there another second)
If so, then you can just make that "100" seconds or "999" seconds and back for one.

Can you have a toggle door which explodes and doesn't come back until you press a button again?
If so, put every brick in the same 'Triggered Group' (I assume you have this, it's a pretty basic feature for such a system) and have them toggled by another brick you place very far out in the terrain/map. Click once, your spam tower is totally invisible.

It wouldn't be to generate these bricks. (General Idea:)

Code: [Select]
function spamInvisibricks()
{
 Go Left
 In 100ms: Stop Go Left, Use Bricks (1)
 In 500ms: mousefire, mousefire
 In 500ms: plant
 In 500ms: Use Tools (2, default slot for Wrench)
 In 500ms: mousefire, mousefire
 In 500ms: commandtoserver('eventset',"24*^HQW" (Randomly generated name),"parameters for a brick which explodes when triggered by Group 'killbricks' ")
 In 500ms: close GUI
 In 500ms: spamInvisiBricks();
}

Badspot

• Administrator
1. Will it release before christmas?
No.

2. Will there be a trigger(event) system gui?
Yes.

3. Will it include teleport bricks?
Perhaps.

4. Will it have doors?
Force-field type doors can be done easily with the default events.  Integrating the door mod with the event system would be fairly easy but is left up to the community.  There are no rotating bricks.

5. Will there be more of a tutoral?
I realize this is needed but probably not for v9 as I don't want to delay longer.

6. Will there be more special bricks?
None planned at this time.

will there be more paints to fill the space that the new mirror paint would create?

The mirror paint was a joke by MotE. Its not real.

Alright, here be the answers.
*leaves*

Will it release on Christmas? (5 Minutes!!!)

I said on, not before. READ.