Author Topic: Game repeatedly crashing, don't know why.  (Read 1970 times)

Whenever i'm doing anything ingame, it crashes, usually along with an action (breaking a brick, jumping, entering or spawning a vehicle) It runs for a little bit perfectly fine, then out of nowhere, it immediately crashes. if anyone can help, that'd be awesome. Till then, this is basically unplayable.

Whenever i'm doing anything ingame, it crashes (Blockland has stopped responding), usually along with an action (breaking a brick, jumping, entering or spawning a vehicle) It runs for a little bit perfectly fine, then out of nowhere, it immediately crashes. if anyone can help, that'd be awesome. Till then, this is basically unplayable.

Also it says stopped responding. i have no idea what to do.

nvm locking this until i can figure out wtf is happening right now

Just realized i can't edit posts. ignore the 5x chainspam.

Have you tried the basics of trouble shooting? I.e. deleting cache.db making sure you're not running too many programs, removing add-ons and attempting to launch again, etc?

Have you tried the basics of trouble shooting? I.e. deleting cache.db making sure you're not running too many programs, removing add-ons and attempting to launch again, etc?
I've removed a few add-ons that i recently got since the crashing, but I've never heard about a cache.db.
It might be that i tried to uninstall ultra shaders, but i may have accidentally deleted one or two base shaders. Could that be why?

Well try deleting cache.db it's in your base directory folder. And if you're on steam then after you do that verify your local files. If neither of these work then cut/paste all of your add-ons out of the add-ons folder and see if you can re-create the issue.

Are you running the game on Steam?

I deleted my cache, and it ran for about five minutes more than usual. Still crashed, but progress!
Are you running the game on Steam?
nope. Never have, never will.

So does accidentally deleting shaders do this, or is it not a problem.

So does accidentally deleting shaders do this, or is it not a problem.
If you delete the default files (like shaders) the launcher will automagically re-download them. Are you using the launcher?

If you delete the default files (like shaders) the launcher will automagically re-download them. Are you using the launcher?
yep. No other way to do it. It may be some malware, though. Anybody heard of "desktop weather alerts"? Might be a Trojan, but can't get rid of it.

Anybody heard of "desktop weather alerts"? Might be a Trojan, but can't get rid of it.
Never had it, but try this:

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/desktop-weather-alerts-removal/

Yeah it's the weather app doing this. Chrome is crashing now, and other stable games, too. Sh!t.

If you think you have a Trojan or Virus, try running Mbam.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

It will most likely find it and clean it.