Author Topic: can't connect to certain servers  (Read 1346 times)

I tried to connect to my friend's server, but it kept on saying "connecting to (insert long IP here) and nothing else

this is strange, I used to connect to the server without a sweat, but now this is happening

/help

Just ask him for his ip and port I guess. Maybe then it might work

Just ask him for his ip and port I guess. Maybe then it might work
Wait what?

Does the server have a ping?
Has your friend forwarded his ports?
Has your friend disabled UPnP from network settings?
Can anyone else join?

This is becoming a huge problem, no one can join my server and i just port forwarded and still doesnt work so seriously wth is going on i've hosted a few days ago worked fine then bam this happened

This is becoming a huge problem, no one can join my server and i just port forwarded and still doesnt work so seriously wth is going on i've hosted a few days ago worked fine then bam this happened

The proper solution would be to port forward.

However, you can also fix UPnP problems like this by restarting your router (unplug, wait 10 seconds, plug back in) and your computer.

I've port forwarded like i said it does nothing, doesn't fix, nothing literally nothing.

I've port forwarded like i said it does nothing, doesn't fix, nothing literally nothing.

Forget port forwarding, then. If your server was just working and now it's not, you probably need to reboot your router.

Forget port forwarding, then. If your server was just working and now it's not, you probably need to reboot your router.
Just tried it, that did not work either

Just tried it, that did not work either

Then you can try port forwarding again.

Go to this page: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Select your router. When you get to the list of applications, click "Blockland" and follow the instructions. (note that the tutorial says to forward 28000-28032. You only need 28000)

Additionally, make sure that your software firewall (normally Windows Firewall) is not Blocking BL or that port.

Additionally, make sure that your software firewall (normally Windows Firewall) is not Blocking BL or that port.
Literally nothing is working Greek, I want to say it's blockland

You're doing something wrong. Did you follow the step-by-step tutorial that I gave you? Try disabling your firewall as well.

my firewall allows blockland to bypass it and the tutorial didnt work

Your firewall also needs to allow port 28000.

the tutorial didnt work

How did the tutorial not work? Were you able to follow it to completion?

Your firewall also needs to allow port 28000.

How did the tutorial not work? Were you able to follow it to completion?
Alright, i redid it twice and neither time it worked i read it multiply times and nothing the server is basically dead, i'm think some blockland servers are down maybe?

Did you check that port 28000 is allowed through your firewall?

No BL servers are required for this - the problem is on your end.