Author Topic: DM_Mesa: Classic Styled Deathmatch!  (Read 51105 times)

I made this. Still not finished, but hey.
Holy stuff that was cool as hell hahaha
Were the sounds part of the events or was that all added in post?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 12:30:09 PM by Jay the Cartoonist »

Holy stuff that was cool as hell hahaha
Were the sounds part of the events or was that all added in post?

Events, all ingame of course. I hackily used musicbricks that spanned the entire map via 2d, aswell as mono tracks for the alarms. Coughing came from a relaying projectile-based randomizer outside of the map, and smoke was from two flat bricks and a zone brick. Flat bricks shot a custom emitter and the zone brick did the same thing but this time the custom emitter had no velocity.

Another thing is that everybody in the server hears a muffled version of it, so if you're on the opposite end of the map, there you go. It explains the sirens. This is what I presume to be the power room, so the power'd go off too.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 12:45:15 PM by Arekan »

Events, all ingame of course. I hackily used musicbricks that spanned the entire map via 2d, aswell as mono tracks for the alarms. Coughing came from a relaying projectile-based randomizer outside of the map, and smoke was from two flat bricks and a zone brick. Flat bricks shot a custom emitter and the zone brick did the same thing but this time the custom emitter had no velocity.

Another thing is that everybody in the server hears a muffled version of it, so if you're on the opposite end of the map, there you go. It explains the sirens. This is what I presume to be the power room, so the power'd go off too.
I absolutely love the sirens and ambient noise, do you have links to this stuff? I want it nao

I absolutely love the sirens and ambient noise, do you have links to this stuff? I want it nao

Sound_Coughing
~ Coughing sounds (obviously)
~ AMB_PowerRoomExplode - Muffled, stereo version of the explosion that everybody hears.
~ OBJ_PowerRoomExplode - Clear, mono version of the explosion that plays on the actual explosion.

AMB_FireAlarm - The alarm that plays when the lever is pulled.
AMB_SprinkerStart7Sec - The beginning of when the fire sprinklers start. I intended to add water effects. 7sec means that it lasts seven seconds, however, it didn't match with 7000 miliseconds, so yeah.
AMB_SprinklerLoop - The loop that plays after the sprinkler's start track is finished. Should be evented accordingly.

Brick_2dMusic - Music brick that plays any song on it to the whole server like it's 2d. Not by me, though I used to have one made by me. This is what I use, because the one I had broke the original music brick.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:37:08 AM by Arekan »

Sound_Coughing
~ Coughing sounds (obviously)
~ AMB_PowerRoomExplode - Muffled, stereo version of the explosion that everybody hears.
~ OBJ_PowerRoomExplode - Clear, mono version of the explosion that plays on the actual explosion.

AMB_FireAlarm - The alarm that plays when the lever is pulled.
AMB_SprinkerStart7Sec - The beginning of when the fire sprinklers start. I intended to add water effects. 7sec means that it lasts seven seconds, however, it didn't match with 7000 miliseconds, so yeah.
AMB_SprinklerLoop - The loop that plays after the sprinkler's start track is finished. Should be evented accordingly.

Brick_2dMusic - Music brick that plays any song on it to the whole server like it's 2d. Not by me, though I used to have one made by me. This is what I use, because the one I had broke the original music brick.
Awesome, thanks! I didn't notice it was a sprinkler sound, i thought it was like a pipe line broken or something spewing steam

Awesome, thanks! I didn't notice it was a sprinkler sound, i thought it was like a pipe line broken or something spewing steam
Yeah, I guess it was a little bit ambiguous.

Yeah, I guess it was a little bit ambiguous.
Listening closer to the video I do hear some raindrop sounds hitting the floor I guess

I think you accidentally linked to the wrong file for Sprinkler start 7 sec, it just links to the fire alarm again.

HI! Where i can get "Light_Toxic" ?

Awesome map! Mind if I use this to host a server for a while?