Author Topic: Event: unSpawnHoleBot  (Read 5358 times)

This unspawns the hole bot. Could be useful if you don't need the bot at the moment.

Download Event_UnSpawnHoleBot

Holy stuff.
You are a god. I've been waiting for this.

Is there a way to set them back other than using stuffty OnMiniGameReset? Does it automatically respawn after the minigame ends?

You could do this with setBotType - None, but this does make it a lot easier for unspawning a general lot of bots with different types.

You could do this with setBotType - None, but this does make it a lot easier for unspawning a general lot of bots with different types.
WHOA the avatar changed

anyways good job, I needed this a long time ago but I guess I have it now

Holy stuff.
You are a god. I've been waiting for this.

Is there a way to set them back other than using stuffty OnMiniGameReset? Does it automatically respawn after the minigame ends?
I don't think there is a better way than that. As long as the event isn't active with "onBotSpawn" then you should be fine.

I think Despawn is the word you're looking for.

Anyway, nice work.

I saw Rotondo's comment but I'm still confused how this is different than setBotType > None

I saw Rotondo's comment but I'm still confused how this is different than setBotType > None
This event doesn't mess with the bot's type. So it can easily be used with different bots at the same time who have different types.

Because OnMinigameReset>SetBotType>Blockhead is a piece of stuff that keeps saving as SetBotType>Shark.

Every time I save with SetBotType>Blockhead it automatically changes to Shark or something else.

This event doesn't mess with the bot's type. So it can easily be used with different bot types at the same time who have different types.
But setBotType can also be used with different bots at the same time (by setting the names of all the bot spawns and doing namedBrick > setBotType - None).

It might help in another way, though. If unSpawnHoleBot was used to clear the bot instead of setting the bot type to None, when you want to respawn the bots, you can simply use respawnBot on a bunch of different types of bots instead of having to use setBotType on each different type of bot you want to respawn.
EDIT: this can already be achieved by doing setBotType -Default (I haven't tested this so idk for sure. just going off someone else's advice).

EDIT:
Because OnMinigameReset>SetBotType>Blockhead is a piece of stuff that keeps saving as SetBotType>Shark.

Every time I save with SetBotType>Blockhead it automatically changes to Shark or something else.
That's an odd bug, but I see how this new event could solve the issue
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 05:07:56 PM by Farad »

//Too easy..
registerOutputEvent(fxDtsBrick, unSpawnHoleBot);

I think Despawn is the word you're looking
Despawn what?

I don't feel like making a function to sub for a function.

It might help in another way, though. If unSpawnHoleBot was used to clear the bot instead of setting the bot type to None, when you want to respawn the bots, you can simply use respawnBot on a bunch of different types of bots instead of having to use setBotType on each different type of bot you want to respawn.

I don't know where you guys got this idea from, but "setBotType" HAS a "Default" option, which sets the bot to what the bothole was.