Author Topic: OBEY - Kickstarter - King of the hill with bunnies and societal abuse  (Read 1182 times)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1155733609/obey

Obey is a game by my friend Daniel Dez, where you control a bunny trying to take control of a monolithic monkey tower which you then use to kill or control other players.

I figure you guys would enjoy this game because of your love of jail/city rp, in this game you can abuse players as well but as a giant monkey turret!

In all seriousness though this game is pretty unique, I've never played anything else like it, hopefully people back this game because I'd love to see it fleshed out.

There's one specific moment I wanted to share about this game, from when I played with Badspot and a few others.

The goal in the game currently is to get the most money, you automatically make money but make more money if you are in possession of the turret. When someone's in the turret people can cause them to lose money by putting bunny corpses into their fuel port.

So there I was, a tiny afraid bunny stock piling corpses in the place the overlord would least expect it, directly in front of his sentry doors.

I bided my time, memorizing the pattern of the search light. Finally I saw my opening, I snuck forward with 3 corpses tied to my back.

I made it to the fuel port deposited my payload then ran back to my corpse pile, I repeated this twice before finally stealing control of the monkey sentry for myself.

What then occurred were a few moments of the previous overlord lamenting the fact that he lost control, followed by the realization that he now had -2475 dollars in funds.

The moments where I was dodging that search light with those corpses tied to my back were some of the most tense moments I've ever had in a game.

I'd back that if I had money.

this game looks pretty cool. i like it.

Will buy if it comes out, but I don't have access to back it up.

Looks cool
also I thought it meant the king of the hill show for some reason lol

« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 04:13:29 AM by HissingWalnuts »

would definitely back if I had money

Looks like fun, are there even any other games that are like this?

If only I had cash...