Good Old Gamemodes - MORE gamemodes!

Author Topic: Good Old Gamemodes - MORE gamemodes!  (Read 9411 times)

What?!
GOG is a server, hosted by me, which hosts a selection of long lost, obscure, salvaged, repaired or "private" gamemodes. Some of them are mine. Some of them were originally made by other people. Some of them work like a charm. Others needed changes.

All of them changed blockland.

Which?
Super Creeper
Survive endless waves of expanding biomass!

This upgraded version of Mr Wallet's original creeper mod was a huge hit when it came out in late 2013, surpassing most other gamemodes. The rtb hosting (rest in peace) server it first ran on is remembered for the 50 player personal record it set hosting the gamemode while I developed it. Its main feature; a cancerous, colorful biomass that spreads across the map, killing everything it touches.

Created by Mr Wallet in 2011. Broken by v20 update and remained broken until late 2013 when I added many, many new features and fixes and packaged it as a slayer based gamemode.
King Of Ghosts
Non-main adventure mode. See how far you can get!

This started as a special project of Port's and Bushido's. It's remembered for its unique and beautiful generation as well as the hilariously insane ghost enemies themselves. Sadly, they dropped the project some time ago and upon getting hold of the files I picked up where they left off.

Originally created by Port and Bushido, with heavy modifications and fixes by me.
Murder
There's one killer. Find him!

This gamemode should have gotten more attention. The effort and attention to detail that went into this means it can be seen to almost rival the likes of Trouble in Block Boulevard and SMM. Then again, I'm not sure if it was ever formally released. I get these things from dodgy places, you know.

Created by Jack Noir and Port.
Prop Brick Hunt
In this gamemode, things are not what they seem.

This was originally worked on entirely by Zapk, with me jumping in once when he ran out of steam and somehow convincing him to work on it again. Despite Zapk's abhorrent shunning of it once it gained popularity, it's a very good gamemode and still works very well. It's also very hard. Have fun.

Created by Zapk.
Super Murder Mafia Mystery
The Mafia are here! RUN!

Port and Bushido are responsible for this one, proving once and for all that not all good gamemodes should actually have an icon. SMM's only downside is that it doesn't. That's it. Everything else in SMM is addictive, compelling and hilarious to discover and play with.

Created by Port and Bushido.
Borg
Borg; challenging, interesting, and insanely addictive.

There's really not much to say about this one. It was made by port a long time ago and hosted many times. And it's definitely addictive.

Created by Port.
...and many more!

FAQ
Q: Cnai be doge?
A: RPing is allowed, and some gamemodes, such as Murder, encourage it. But don't annoy other people. Wierdo.

Q: Will you release any/some/all of these?
A: If I get permission, maybe. Most of these are not mine. Some are private. Most, yes.

Q: You're using my mod and I don't like it!
A: Oh, stuff. Sorry. Didn't see you there. Send me a PM and I'll stop right away.

Q: Can I do anything with the GoG script? Are there any commands?
A: There's loads of stuff for admins, but you just get /gogtime, which tells you the next gamemode and the time until it is loaded.

Admin
Admin apping is closed.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 12:26:58 PM by chrisbot6 »

I've recently picked up Murder Manor, actually.
I made it play like Gmod Murder and implemented a clues system and it's actually a lot more fun than before.
It was a clusterforget then, roles weren't that fun to play as.
Oh and you should credit Port for Murder Manor as well, I started work on it when he picked it up and added a bunch of features.

I'll send you a DL link in pm's :V

Nice idea. I can kind of relate to you as far as having no hosting solution and having a surge of ideas. My VPS from NFO is in a failed boot cycle and i'm trying to rescue files from there. Going to wipe it, but there is a lot of valuable mods, saves and server related data on it I'd definitely not want to loose.

"King of Ghosts"
gg I have that too.
c:

I played a few minutes ago and I can say it's a really fun server!

Looks pretty cool, I'll check it out.
Although I have to admit the only thing pulling me in at first was the hopes of a GOG for Blockland (good old games) based on old gamemode types.

if you still want me to administrate pm me

Looks pretty cool, I'll check it out.
Although I have to admit the only thing pulling me in at first was the hopes of a GOG for Blockland (good old games) based on old gamemode types.
inb4 v8 zombies gamemode

Cowboy6 gave me a server! Yay!

Expect it up soon.

Funny how theres exactly seven gamemodes.

You should totally do it where theres a different gamemode every day throughout the week, that way theres tons of variety each day.

Funny how theres exactly seven gamemodes.

You should totally do it where theres a different gamemode every day throughout the week, that way theres tons of variety each day.
We change multiple times each day (:

I want a permanent King of Ghost server.
Also, could I get that gamemode anywhere?