Author Topic: What is your stance on abortion? (Abortion discussion)  (Read 35249 times)

Another thing: A baby isn't any less of a human life than the mother is.
well can you explain more? I believe it is less than the life of the mother. mainly because it doesn't have a will to live yet. the world around it is not an interest to it. if it dies it will never known nor will it care

Another thing: A baby isn't any less of a human life than the mother is.
So let them both die because killing one of them for the sake of the other is immoral?

The child could die too...

Alright, if you're going to have an opinion, at least make sure its not based on ignorance.
Children can die in any birth scenario. That said, if the child's life was also in danger, and alternative options such as a C-section aren't successful, then there is nothing wrong with both the mother and child dying together. In fact that would be a very honorable death. If the mother is a believer in Christ, she will join her child at God's side in heaven. If the mother is an unbeliever, then she will get what she, a sinful human being, just like everyone else, deserves: God's judgement and wrath.

I believe that God would not condemn the lives of children, both born or unborn, that do not yet have the coherent spiritual and mental capacity to accept Christ yet as their savior. It's called the age of accountability.

Children can die in any birth scenario. That said, if the child's life was also in danger, and alternative options such as a C-section aren't successful, then there is nothing wrong with both the mother and child dying together. If the mother is a believer in Christ, she will join her child at God's side in heaven. If the mother is an unbeliever, then she is getting what she, a sinful human being, just like everyone else, deserves: God's judgement and wrath.

I believe that God would not condemn the lives of children, both born or unborn, that do not yet have the coherent spiritual and mental capacity to accept Christ yet as their savior. It's called the age of accountability.

Yup, I'm done. It was a nice talk, thanks Planr.

Yup, I'm done. It was a nice talk, thanks Planr.
You're welcome.

i've never seen a more christian person in my life

If the mother is an unbeliever, then she will get what she, a sinful human being, just like everyone else, deserves: God's judgement and wrath.
isn't wrath one of the 7 deadly sins
isn't sinning what god is completely against
religion pls explain

religion pls explain
religion: *sniffs glue*

well can you explain more? I believe it is less than the life of the mother. mainly because it doesn't have a will to live yet. the world around it is not an interest to it. if it dies it will never known nor will it care

Well let me come back with a related question.

Do you think it should be okay to euthanize your child post-birth because it has 12 toes, is deaf, has Down's that went undetected, or autism?

Its still a baby, and according to many of you, if it doesn't know better anyone can do anything to it.

A loving mother is willing to sacrifice her life for the sake of her child.
I don't think a 14 year old boy has any place telling a mother what to do with her child.

I believe that people should only get to use it once every two years, just to limit abuse in the system.

I know a person in my life who uses abortion as a method of birth control. (Like a condom I guess you could compare it with).

Children can die in any birth scenario. That said, if the child's life was also in danger, and alternative options such as a C-section aren't successful, then there is nothing wrong with both the mother and child dying together. In fact that would be a very honorable death. If the mother is a believer in Christ, she will join her child at God's side in heaven. If the mother is an unbeliever, then she will get what she, a sinful human being, just like everyone else, deserves: God's judgement and wrath.
It's people like these that make me steer away from religion.
Hard core people like Planr here sicken me, especially when he feels that he has the right to call down on other people for not being religious deserves gods so called judgement and 'wrath'. What if she lived a 'sin free life'? Gave money and food the homeless, always considerate and always tolerant of everyone around her? But just because she doesn't totally fallow a belief means she deserves the full punishment of a painful death and damnation? All this does is scare people away from the religion rather then attract. To me, people who act this sort of way in their religion are not even the slightest bit of "holy", yet they find the are in a position to call down on people without even getting to know the personality of that person first.
        If I was I believed heavily in a religion like Planr does, I would never want to bash someone if they didn't fallow the religion accordingly. I find the best part of the bible is the saying, "love thy neighbour as thyself." It seems as a lot of people have forgotten of this passage and the true meaning of religion. I also hate the thought of people so heavily dedicating themselves in the religion that they forget about the bright side of life and see everyone as evil.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 05:30:43 PM by tnatsissA »

I know a person in my life who uses abortion as a method of birth control. (Like a condom I guess you could compare it with).
wh-- isn't that more expensive than just using a condom

what the forget
abortions should only be carried out as a last resort when birth control and contraceptives fail
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 05:05:51 PM by Qwepir »

religion pls explain
Unjustified wrath, certainly is a sin. However, the "7 deadly sins" concept is often elevated beyond its original meaning to imply that they are all sins God will not forgive. That's not the case at all. The only sin for which God does not forgive is unrepentant unbelief; the rejection of Christ as a person's savior.

However, God's wrath is justified, because we have rebelled and committed detestable acts against Him, and we all deserve death for that. It's only because of Christ's intervention at the cross that we can be spared his wrath.

I don't think a 14 year old boy has any place telling a mother what to do with her child.
I'm 18, and God certainly does. I am simply reiterating what He has already said.