Author Topic: The Village Thread V2  (Read 15538 times)

So I thought on a few basic ideas from my old Village Thread. It got a decent amount of posts so I thought it was ready for an upgrade.

So, I'm giving everyone a "Spawn" point in the middle of the island and I'm having everyone START as a group, and build out from there.

Rules

You've got no equipment except for the clothes on your back and the belt on your waist/over your shoulder. Remember that this game is to be realistic, so anything you hold must be able to actually be held in your hands, over your shoulder, or on your belt. For instance, you won't be able to carry a dead animal, unless you cut it into pieces or otherwise. Aside from that, try to do an appropriate roleplay. Don't go too long without feeding yourself, when night falls, find shelter (Or else I'll chirp in and something bad will happen to your character at random) and don't fight something that's obviously way too big for you to handle alone. That is, unless you have an appropriate weapon. No taking two "moves" in a row, (No double posting) No instant kills, and the winner(s) at the end will be the ones with the most positive accomplishments. A move is taken whenever you take a post, and remember, EQUIPPING TAKES ONE TURN.

Interactions ARE allowed, but no godplaying (I punched Grimreaper! Grimreaper punched back!) nothing like that. No killing either, unless there's some obvious way that it's heal able. Say, clones, or something. Otherwise, no. When you take a turn, feel free to make it as detailed as you want, but use proper grammer please.

One last note; NO INSTANT SUMMONING/CREATION. You need MATERIALS, fool. Everything in the game rotates around basic items, like wood from trees, stones from rocks, ETC. You also need a separate turn to work on an item.

And by the way, type in bolded red any off topic stuff.

I'll also store inventories and accomplishments on this post, if I'm not too lazy.

I'm not keeping obviously overpowered people's statistics here, for they obviously don't get the spirit of roleplaying and equipped themselves with guns, survival kits, weapons, and other gizmos and gadgets obviously used to make the game easier for them, or atleast have a huge advantage.

Group Status;

We're pretty good for the moment, water-wise.
Our food supply isn't bad, but there's not enough for tomorrow.
Our shelters are firm.
The camp is kinda messy.
We're somewhat hygienic.
We have little defense against animals.
It's morning.

Group Inventory;

These items are being stored in the Storage Pit.

The bottom half of a barrel.
A Live Chicken!
A Push Broom
A Dead Bird
A Few Coconuts
A Crate, with some paper inside.
5 Small Knapsacks; Two of them seem to have objects inside.
5 Oars.
3 Metal Pipes.
3 Plastic Bottles, complete with Caps
A Large Amount of Useless Litter
A Dead, Skinned Bear.
3 Coffee Cans.
A Beer Bottle.
A CD.
A small amount of big rocks.
A small amount of animal organs and bones.
A large amount of unpreserved meat.
A fairly large amount of rocks. Found by Bushido
A solar-powered water purifier. Made by Wedge
A flimsy, but effective, shelter/water collector. Made by Bushido

Inventories

Bushido
Accomplishments; Created a Shelter, than dismantled it, than made it into a storage/shelter pit.
Created a short-range weapon.
Maimed a young oxen, alias "Some furry animal"
Created a storage pit.
Inventory;
  • Over shoulder; A Small Knapsack [An electronic Fire Maker/ Flashlight]
  • In right hand; A Bone Machete
  • In left hand; An Oversized Bone Knife
  • On body; Red T-Shirt, Denim Jeans, an Awesome Skull-hat
  • Attached to belt; A Boomerang!
  • Attached to belt; None

Falcondude
Accomplishments; Stabbed and Killed a bear.
  • Over shoulder: Nothing
  • In right hand: A Somewhat-Fragile Slingshot
  • In left hand: A pocket knife
  • On body: Jeans, a shirt,and a baseball cap
[A few rubber bands]
[li]Attached to belt: Box of matches[/li]
[li]Attached to belt: Old, semi working GPS Unit[/li]
[/list]

BlockBuilderMan
Accomplishments; None.
  • Over shoulder: Nothing
  • In right hand: Nothing
  • In left hand: A pocket knife
  • On body: Long cotton pants, a olive drab jacket, black fedora
  • Attached to belt: Box of matches
  • Attached to belt: Small bag of beef jerky

Inaxio
Accomplishments; None.
  • Over shoulder: Cape
  • In right hand: Dagger
  • In left hand: Nothing
  • On body: Long cotton pants, a olive drab jacket, black fedora
  • Attached to belt: A bag with watered down cake inside
  • Attached to belt: A small plank of wood

Wedge
Accomplishments; Created the groups clean drinking water source.
Found a large amount of useful items.
  • On body: LIFEJACKET, jeans, t-shirt, a used roll of 9mm camera film, paper soaked in salt water, fountain pen, broken CD player
  • Attached to belt: 9mm SLR camera (broken) in a nylon camera bag (broken, irreparable)
  • Attached to belt: house keys

William
Accomplishments; Took apart, than made, a makeshift flashlight
  • Over shoulder: Backpack  [A Makeshift Flashlight, climbing shoes, ruined spelunking guide, ruined rock hounding guide]
  • On body: Jeans, a shirt, Tennis shoes.
  • Attached to belt: Rock pick
  • Attached to belt: Swiss army knive

Left arm is splinted and broken

Trigun
Accomplishments: None
Inventory:
  • Over shoulder: String With 4 Chunks Of Rabbit Meat & 1 Chunk Of Squirrel Meat Tied On It
  • In right hand: +Incapable+
  • In left hand: +Incapable+
  • On body: Torn Up Black Jeans, Blood Stained White Shirt, Black & White VANS With Ends Cut Off, Broken Aluminum Watch, Black Leather Belt
  • Attached to belt: Nothing
  • Attached to belt: Nothing
Both hands are bleeding. (Incapable of holding an item)

Survivor's Logs;
     03/18/X6

Today, a few friends, strangers, and I got trapped on an island. Most of us were unscathed in the shipwreck that landed us here, except for one of us who got a broken arm. He's fine now, though, his arm is in a splint and he's living happily in a cave somewhere near our camp. Luck was really on my side today; I found logs, companions, created a shelter, and found food, but I'm not sure how tommorow will fare. I mean, we're on a remote island, probably somewhere in the pacific, with no way back to civilization.. I suppose it can't get much worse than that, and the Lord was kind enough to have pity on us. Wedge got alot of good ideas today, and made a water purifier out of a coffee can, a camera bag, some sticks, and I think a lens. I also had a few good sparks, and I created a fire maker, no pun intented, and William made a great flashlight to use for cave spelunking. I also found a very shiny raw metal today, while I was making my shelter; It's really nothing like I've ever seen before. It's green, shiny, and almost transparent, while still being more solid than my stone knife. I suppose that doesn't say much because my stone knife is, in fact, made of stone, but I guess it really doesn't matter.

All in all, I can't say today was bad. If anything it was a great start to the undeniably grueling ordeal that we're almost sure to have. Our luck may change for the worse or the better, but we'll make it through, hopefully.

..I suddenly feel alot less manly.

Wow. That was sappy.

Survivor's Logs;
     03/19/X6

Well, a storm blew over today. But the day's not over yet.

[/i]
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 08:59:05 PM by Bushido »

How should we make our character? Any character template? I don't like making characters and then changing their bios because I forgot something. Like, how do we start out in this game?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 01:34:20 AM by Jsk2003 »

Alright, so joining in.

Falcondude

Over shoulder: Nothing
In right hand: Nothing
In left hand: A pocket knife
On body: Jeans, a shirt, (does this include head? if so, baseball cap)
Attached to belt: Box of matches
Attached to belt: Old, semi working GPS Unit

Should be good.

Robert T. Joesph
Over shoulder: Rifle
In right hand: Nothing
In left hand: A pocket knife
On body: Long cotton pants, a olive drab jacket, black fedora
Attached to belt: Box of matches
Attached to belt: Small bag of beef jerky
Attached to belt: A small box of five bullets

This is the style of rifle (without scope)

Is the rifle too hi-tech?

Is the rifle too hi-tech?

Unless you can make it out of sticks and bits of grass, yes.

Although it's logical that you might appear on a deserted island with some stuff.

Why would you have a rifle if you were shipwrecked on a deserted island?

I'm removing that from your inventory and your ammo too, but everything else is OK.

Nudity man
Accomplishments; None.

* Over shoulder: nothing
    * In right hand: nothing
    * In left hand: Nothing
    * On body: nothing
    * Attached to belt: nothing
    * Attached to belt: nothing

:D

Rky
Accomplishments; got shipwrecked on an island.

Over shoulder: nothing
In right hand: steel bladed Kama
In left hand: steel bladed Kama
On body: leather pants + shirt, trench coat.
Attached to belt: empty vial.
Attached to belt: vial filled with unknown blood.

Jsk2003

Over shoulder: Backpack(contains: Beef Jerky and 1 extra shirt and box of matches)
In right hand: Huge Knife
In left hand: Magnetic-Powered Flashlight(Where you shake it a little bit and it will light up)
On body: White shirt, White Coat, Jeans, Baseball cap, Life Jacket
Attached to belt: Knife Sheathe,
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 06:24:50 PM by Jsk2003 »

I'm really surprised no one has washed up with a life jacket on. It's really useful, it's got mirrors, it's bright, it's got a whistle on it. Probably quadruples the chances of you being found. You can make all sorts of stuff out of the straps, use it as a pillow, float on it for spear fishing. Plus, its the law to wear one.

Depending on whether you got to a life raft, and managed to grab supplies out of it, you might also have:
Glow sticks
Flare gun and box of flares
Deflated inter tube (that would be what's left of your raft. Make a tent or something)
Air pump
Compass
Signaling mirror
First Aid kit
Oars
Fish hooks

Just for the heck of it:

Wedge

• On body: LIFEJACKET, jeans, t-shirt, a used roll of 9mm camera film, paper soaked in salt water, fountain pen, broken CD player
  • Attached to belt: 9mm SLR camera (broken) in a nylon camera bag (broken, irreparable)
  • Attached to belt: house keys

Let's see what all I can make before I die. If I die, I'll write up a will, just for fun.
Be nice to me guys, I still have to figure out who I'm leaving the nuclear power plant, radio tower, motor boat and stock-pile of canned beans to.
Obviously written in massive sarcasm, but I don't want my application denied because I offered someone a radio tower (without being given a chance to build one, haha. just kidding).

Follow the template I laid out guys. And also, why isn't anyone taking a move or something?

Wedge, good call on the life jacket thing. I'm surprised too, because I thought of it a while ago during the last game.

I luvs how people completely ignore every single one of my posts.

no nudity man for me :(

I luvs how people completely ignore every single one of my posts.

Why would you have two steel scythes on a deserted island?

name:captain blue
accompishments:none
wearing:a coat,cloak,belt,army jeans,backpack,and a banandanna
in right hand:a hatchet
in left hand:a home-made explosive (aka gaselione in a plastic bottle with a string going down to it)
backpack contents-keys,magnifying glass,a newspaper,tickets,20 dollar bill, a book,and an eating set(with a knife), and a first-aid set
on belt: nothing
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 12:50:42 PM by captain blue »