Author Topic: What was the first thing you ever purchased digitally?  (Read 1403 times)

/title

For me it was a Bejeweled clone from Yahoo called Magic Match. I think I was 8 or 9 when I did. No, I didn't steal anyone's money.

Surprisingly, Blockland.

I used to click ads a lot as a kid, and I got introduced through that. I bugged my parents about it almost daily because I was excited about some of the features in the game.

I wasn't dissapointed, even if it was still 20$ today like it was before, I'd buy it again.

Yeah, Blockland might actually have been one of the first things for me. To be fair my parents bought it for me as a (late) birthday present, but it was still the first digital purchase I had.
I'm pretty sure everything prior to that which I had (most of which were games) had been bought on a CD.

If there was another first, I can't remember it.
It definitely wasn't a phone-game or anything like that, because I didn't have a phone at the time (and my first phone was not a smart phone).

I'm pretty sure it was Blockland for me as well.
I remember emailing badspot about something payment related.
He was being very nice and responded very well. :)

EDIT:
Or the Orange Box.
I was very excited about Portal and TF2.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 05:28:48 AM by lordician »

I'd say, either Blockland or Minecraft.

Outrageous Builder's Club

I think the first thing I paid for myself, and paid for online, was a 24inch monitor, I had opened a bank account with my graduation money and that was the first thing I bought

Blockland was bought during the time my parent's didn't trust online buying, so I had to give them cash and they mailed in a check

Club Penguin membership