Author Topic: you nostalgia you lose v1990  (Read 243016 times)

Oh god, I used to have this game and I miss playing it. Lost.

I lost miserably.

I didn't stand a chance.

I was an alpha tester.

Oh LEGO, you should've known most of your target audience wouldn't fork out monthly subscriptions! Why, why, WHY didn't you use the freemium model in the beginning? You could've sold LEGO Universe LEGO sets with special codes in them to make up for it!

There's a project going on that is supposed to revive lego universe. Basically, you can download the client for free and then you can download the server files so you can host a private server.
http://timtechsoftware.com/?page_id=1065

stuff i lost. This was my entire childhood on my Windows 98.

EDIT:

please tell me someone else in the world watched this
DUDE I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THIS SHOW! I use to love this!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 02:01:31 PM by Yin Yang »

Please tell me I aren't the only forumer who played this.

Oh LEGO, you should've known most of your target audience wouldn't fork out monthly subscriptions! Why, why, WHY didn't you use the freemium model in the beginning? You could've sold LEGO Universe LEGO sets with special codes in them to make up for it!
I actually have respect for Lego for not using the freemium setup. If it did I would've instantly ignored it when it came out like I do with most mmo's with freemium models nowadays. I'm pretty bummed out that I didn't get to play LU when it came out. Even when it went FTP I sort of put it aside, anyway my old computer probably couldn't handle it anyway. That Lego set idea is pretty clever tho I wished Lego used something like that.