How do people forget up this badly?

Author Topic: How do people forget up this badly?  (Read 1424 times)

I installed Malwarebytes on a friend of mine's computer once, and at first it found 300 items but once it got to heuristics IT WENT TO 3,000. I AM NOT KIDDING.

He had a very good computer but it still slowed down it's boot time, at first it was 30 second and after Malwarebytes got rid of everything it was 3 seconds.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 07:02:38 PM by Kamutog »

I installed Malwarebytes on a friend of mine's computer once, and at first it found 300 items but once it got to heuristics IT WENT TO 3,000. I AM NOT KIDDING.

He had a very good computer but it still slowed down it's boot time, at first it was 30 second and after Malwarebytes got rid of everything it was 3 seconds.
yeah when it hits heuristics it goes berserk

yeah when it hits heuristics it goes berserk
It just completely fixed his computer though, once all that stuff got removed.

i remember once that my friends dad had a stuffload of adware on his computer, so i ran malwarebytes and there were around 5000 items, and i found out later he watches research
he had been trying to get rid of it for so long and he was so forgetin happy

i scanned my grandpas pc on the 22nd and there was 2000 pups

Jesus Christ, my PC takes +5 minutes to boot up and get to the desktop. I'd love to have something boot that fast.

Chances are they got so many viruses from getting those viruses that just send in more viruses after you get the first one, since you pretty much have to be trying to have that many viruses. I forgot what these were called though.

Otherwise, you have to be a loving idiot to get thousands of viruses that don't do the above(which is almost impossible if you have so many viruses in the first place). A MBAM scan isn't the last scan I'd run on their systems if it got that bad.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 07:30:58 PM by QuadStorm »

Jesus Christ, my PC takes +5 minutes to boot up and get to the desktop. I'd love to have something boot that fast.
what are you specs?

what are your specs?

I think it has something to do with my HDD.

that pc shouldn't lag
scan it
Doing it now, but last time I checked I had no malicious software and I have downloaded nothing since.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 07:44:29 PM by AtlasBlue »

that pc shouldn't lag

scan it

Doing it now, but last time I checked I had no malicious software and I have downloaded nothing since.
dude, get off my computer, those are my specs.

I don't know what the forget just happened, when I clicked this post I got Adware Thank god I deleted almost every loving thing I didn't need on this computer...
so are you one of those people who think they don't need an anti-virus

Well, op, when some people see they are the 1,000,000th visitor, they feel inclined to click that pop up, and actually believe they will receive $10,000.

When the fake pop ups for Java and Microsoft Security Essentials pops up, or "hotandlonely18xx" is 5 miles away, people feel inclined to click the pop up to "fix their problems."

Please tell me that's not actually just SATA...
You'd best hope that's a mislabeled SATA 2 / 3...