Author Topic: Sector E (Single player FPS)  (Read 49836 times)

>Start Game
Oh, i cant move.
This is intentional. You spawn with a non-moving playertype so you have to click the checkpoint (or the flashing keyboard at the start) to move. It just makes it easier for triggers and ensures people won't walk off without their weapons, which was more common than you might think.
Perhaps I should have explained it better.
As to the weapon errors, I wouldn't know how to fix them.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 04:42:44 AM by kobble »

I kept getting crippled or something during the final fight, so that even if I won I couldn't complete the little jumping section beyond the locked door.
I've now completed it a couple times and really enjoyed it. This is exactly the sort of thing I would like to either make or help make sometime.
Blame taboo's weird as forget "push/pop datablock" functions that break everything.
Here's the fixed version I edited:  http://puu.sh/dbkqm/1c33324d6d.zip

Blame taboo's weird as forget "push/pop datablock" functions that break everything.
Here's the fixed version I edited:  http://puu.sh/dbkqm/1c33324d6d.zip
Cool. Updated DL file with this version of the pack.

i played this game and i couldn't let me go through doors i could go through AND there were no AI spawnings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
edit: after I spawn and walk through the hallway through the table room I am stuck. 1 door is a non working elevator, the other just doesn't open or event say "locked".
I left the minigame to find a bot spawn that had no bot. What is with this?!?!?
edit: I think you need to handle the save loading better. The issue is it has no ownership at all, meaning the bot won't spawn because player of ID () is not on the server. You need to load it as "yours"
double edit : wtf I loaded as mine and it's STILL broken?
I think the ammount of bots the gamemode allows is the issue.
also btw I should mention I never recieve a weapon at the very first spawn.

Final edit: Okay, I've figured out the issue: THe bots are literly disapearing right before I get to them. I'm not kidding. When I got the gun, the bot standing outside the garage door was gone.
I don't know wtf is going on.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 02:53:51 PM by superdupercoolguy »

Ok, so I can't recreate the problems with either of you two, could you perhaps post pictures or give more specific details.

In case it's just misunderstanding where the triggers are or what to click,

This is where you get your first gun, from the unique flashing box with a note. Opening the box should spawn the first enemy outside the garage door seen in the picture also.
I think I might know what the bots 'despawning' is, Spoiler(?):You do not fight the enemy in the first room till later. The bot disappearing is the assassin escaping you. Think of ninjas jumping into smoke clouds.

okay, but what do I do from here?
this is my first time seeing this room in the game. The elevator doesn't work and the other door just doesn't do anything when I click it. Perviously I'd clicked the computer button, walked out that room, got the checkpoint, then got this:
also sorry for the downres, 1920x1080 was too big

okay, but what do I do from here?
That's odd. There should be a bot to talk to that spawns in that room. I don't know why it hasn't spawned for you.
The only thing I can think that might fix it is either going back through and opening and closing all the doors, or redownloading the gamemode.

That's odd. There should be a bot to talk to that spawns in that room. I don't know why it hasn't spawned for you.
The only thing I can think that might fix it is either going back through and opening and closing all the doors, or redownloading the gamemode.

I had the same issue. Said there were issues loading the bot datablock in the console or something.
For some reason I had disabled the Bot_Hole add-on in the custom gamemode. Enabling it there fixed the issue.

A lot of the bots aren't spawning for me either. I increased the bot limit, but that didn't help. The bot limit definitely isn't the issue.

EDIT: They spawn, I can see them when I'm ghosting. But then they aren't there when I get there.
The first bot de-spawns when I open the first door.

DOUBLE EDIT: Replaced all setBot(or whatever it was) events with something useless. The bots stay spawned now, but there are still many problems. The enemy bots instant respawn. You can't open the briefing room door in any way.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 01:16:14 PM by jes00 »

Don't replace the events. Just reset the minigame when you spawn.

I died on a confrontation between 3 grunts and 3 people. When I respawned I couldn't move.

Died again at a later part, did not respawn with my gun.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 03:34:52 AM by Crispy_ »

Don't replace the events. Just reset the minigame when you spawn.
Ok. Tried $DefaultMinigame.reset(); when I first spawned. The first bot still de-spawned when I opened the first door.

It's hard to fix these without being able to recreate the problem.

I died on a confrontation between 3 grunts and 3 people. When I respawned I couldn't move.

Died again at a later part, did not respawn with my gun.
This is intentional. You spawn with a non-moving playertype so you have to click the checkpoint (or the flashing keyboard at the start) to move. It just makes it easier for triggers and ensures people won't walk off without their weapons, which was more common than you might think.

I had the same issue. Said there were issues loading the bot datablock in the console or something.
For some reason I had disabled the Bot_Hole add-on in the custom gamemode. Enabling it there fixed the issue.
Thanks for finding this.