Author Topic: Sector E (Single player FPS)  (Read 48765 times)

SECTOR E
Description
Sector E is the first(?) single player first person shooter for Blockland! Fight your way through a band of mercenaries to deliver a valuable data chip to sector E.
Play time is about 15-30 minutes.

Preview

Vid

Download
Download this.
Mirror
Installing (Read this!!)
Extract the contents into your Add-on folder. It contains the gamemode itself, as well as all the required addons.
Do not assume you have all the required addons already because there are a few modded addons in there (under different names).

Important!!
The gamemode does not include player persistence, meaning that if you stop playing and come back, all progress is lost.
This is due to player persistence outright breaking the game and spawning you outside the map.
The gamemode takes about 15-30* minutes play through, so make sure you have time. If not, you will have admin capabilities so you can always orb back to where you started.
*speedrunning I can do it ~13mins

Bugs
  • Problem: "I spawn and I can't move and I don't have any weapons!"
    Solution: Click the checkpoint you spawned on. It restores weapons and movement.
  • Problem: Bots don't spawn/despawn.
    Solution: Try enabling Bot_Hole in your custom gamemode.
  • Problem: Bot spawns don't load
    Solution: ???

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 04:25:17 AM by kobble »

Is it one player only? How many players can play this at once?

Is it one player only? How many players can play this at once?
Single player only, I'm afraid.
Multiple players theoretically works, but triggers will break and it will be unfair at best.

Still pretty nice, though. I've never seen someone else in BL build things like this. (Player Vs Environment/Bots, not PVP. Zombies kinda count, but I'm more into fighting bots with guns.)

Finished the campaign and played through the final section three times.
This is amazing. Why hasn't anybody attempted this yet? Bravo, I say.

Anyway, most of my problems with the map come from the unfair AI, seeing as some enemies kept shooting even though I killed them, as well as bugs with the ironsights caused by leaving out of them while zoomed in (taboo: fix by changing playertype in onUnMount function pls).

All in all, this was really great. Action is nice, grunts are fun to fight, weapon choices are good (albeit I barely used the pistol after I got the AR) and the ending sequence is really good.

this is REALLY good.
weapons are great
visuals like the mercenary running in and shooting the man were awesome
level design is fun
build can use a little more work
overall it's great

I rate this an 8/10. I love the  game play and the "scenes" were pretty cool including the build's simplicity. Only problems were that it was somewhat frustratingly hard and it was too short.

Just beat this game
Pros
  • Good story
  • Sweet guns
  • Taking cover is required
Cons
  • Really hard
  • Short

I heard it took Kobble 2 months to make this, lol.
Also, since it's pretty hard (especially in the final sequence) I find that it extends the gamemode's playtime a little.
Another complaint is lack of actual medkits on the map and instead there are instant heal stations that sometimes appear in the heat of a battle, as well as the fact that campaign is a little TOO linear.

Good, but i hated how the AI is unfair and the assassin health is a bit to high since it can kill you and 3 or 4 hits.
good map.

Good, but i hated how the AI is unfair and the assassin health is a bit to high since it can kill you and 3 or 4 hits.
good map.

Don't size up: spoiler protection The assasin is an ally

I kept getting crippled or something during the final fight, so that even if I won I couldn't complete the little jumping section beyond the locked door.
I've now completed it a couple times and really enjoyed it. This is exactly the sort of thing I would like to either make or help make sometime.

>Start Game
Oh, i cant move. Maybe rebinding controls would work? Nope. That didn't. Check console, yep tons of weapon errors.
Okay, I can live with it. findclientbyname("TeeOS").player.setDatablock("PlayerStandardArmor");
There we go.
Things are going smoothly.
Oh crap, I died. Oh well, guess I'll respawn at the checkpoint.
Oh forget, cant move again. findclientbyname("TeeOS").player.setDatablock("PlayerStandardArmor");
Oh loving stuff, no weapons.

why is this happening to me ;-;

From what I was able to play (and from what I saw jetting over the map outside the minigame) i'd say it reminds me of Goldeneye 64. Especially the music.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 12:25:14 AM by TeeOS »