Xbox One -> Hard Drive filling up, help/explanation/solution?

Author Topic: Xbox One -> Hard Drive filling up, help/explanation/solution?  (Read 4229 times)

Yeah forget my life because I've downloaded BF4, AC Unity, and BF4 DLC's on my 500gb hard drive, and it's already down to like 221gb, is this happening to anyone else? Why is this happening? Is this accurate? WHAT'S HAPPENING?! Is BF4 download required to play it, because I have the disc version and that's not what happened on Xbox 360. You could just pop it in and play.

This makes me laugh. My 360 only has 1.9 gb left. Get on my level.

Try deleting any thing deemed useless. Dashboard themes and gamer pics. Delete multiple saves. Delete demos. Delete alternate profiles.

I don't have an Xbox one but I figure storage works the same as 360.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 12:07:39 PM by newspeed12 »

shouldnt have bought an xbox

yeah unfortunately you either need to slow down on buying games, get a good flashdrive (i think you can still do that), or just buy a new hard drive.

yes, i believe that's what happens when you download over 300gb worth of games onto a single harddrive

yes, i believe that's what happens when you download over 300gb worth of games onto a single harddrive
But it is just two games and 4 minor DLC's, it should not take up this much space. One of the games was on a disc.

Games on discs need to be installed too

the two games are made specifically for xbone, so they naturally take up a lot more space, since there's more resources. even if one of the games is on a disc, there's still the DLC and updates you have to worry about, which also take up more space than ones on xbone's predecessor.

Games on discs need to be installed too
Since when?

Okay, I looked at EVERYTHING I have installed, it should only be taking up about 90gb. So maybe it's just some problem with the Xbox.

shouldnt have bought an xbox
>implying a Wii U can even hold one game
seriously forget off with this stuff

buy an external hard drive if you ever run out of space
don't go with a flash drive when you can get an ok 1tb hard drive for the same price

Since when?
Since the Xbox One.
A little before actually.
Remember when you had to wait an hour to play your new game?

>implying a Wii U can even hold one game
seriously forget off with this stuff

buy an external hard drive if you ever run out of space
don't go with a flash drive when you can get an ok 1tb hard drive for the same price
So where can I find this external hard drive thingy?

Turns out it's a 366gb hard drive- where the hell did the rest go!?

The rest hold the important crap such as the ability to actually use it.

It's a 500GB hard drive, but as with all hard drives, a sizable portion is reserved to hold the OS and other necessary files.

Xbox One requires you to install your games from the disc onto the Xbox. This drastically reduces load time for games, hence the ability for them to start up as quick as they can.

Your only options are to buy an external hard-drive (you can find these anywhere online, just any hard-drive with a USB connection, so it can plug into the Xbox One), or you have to uninstall some of the games.

It's recommended that you uninstall any games you've completed, or aren't like to come back to playing any time soon.

It's a 500GB hard drive, but as with all hard drives, a sizable portion is reserved to hold the OS and other necessary files.

Xbox One requires you to install your games from the disc onto the Xbox. This drastically reduces load time for games, hence the ability for them to start up as quick as they can.

Your only options are to buy an external hard-drive (you can find these anywhere online, just any hard-drive with a USB connection, so it can plug into the Xbox One), or you have to uninstall some of the games.

It's recommended that you uninstall any games you've completed, or aren't like to come back to playing any time soon.
Could you find a good external hard drive for me? I'm not very good with all of this tech stuff.

And so all Xbone games have to be downloaded?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 01:00:49 PM by Derontchi »

when you put a game in the console it instantly starts downloading I have gta cod aw and cod ghosts with around 40% space used :P