Author Topic: Outpact: handicap with DLLs and hacks.  (Read 4142 times)

This garbage with the blhack crashing us getting ridiculous and noones doing anything to stop it. A top server can't even stay up longer than a couple hours without getting crashed.
blame cm

Inbound Cca Airstrike

don't worry guys it was his BROTHER!!!

don't worry guys it was his BROTHER!!!
but his bro got hacked by aliens, wasnt him
but the hack wasnt intentional, the aliens misclicked on their 50 feet monitor

IIRC the crashing works by sending a packet to the server that causes a run-time error. If you used a packet sniffer or if Badspot fixed the error that's being abused, maybe it would stop, although I'm sure someone would find a new error to exploit

IIRC the crashing works by sending a packet to the server that causes a run-time error. If you used a packet sniffer or if Badspot fixed the error that's being abused, maybe it would stop, although I'm sure someone would find a new error to exploit

To be more specific, it sends a specific packet that tells torq to get something from the netstring table. It uses an index that is faaar beyond what it should (like -165136724) causing the Netstring::Table errors, which in turn, crashes your server.

Why has this not been patched yet?

Why has this not been patched yet?
Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure Badspot posted about this once saying that if he were to patch it then hackers would just find another way around and by responding to them he'd be giving them what they want.

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure Badspot posted about this once saying that if he were to patch it then hackers would just find another way around and by responding to them he'd be giving them what they want.
And letting them crash every server isn't already giving them what they want?

outpact is yet again trash and will never change, completely inept and acting like his usual self, idiotic

badspot just revoke him already

watch out guys outpact will crash your net nanny