Looking for a New Tablet

Author Topic: Looking for a New Tablet  (Read 1794 times)

Hi forums, I have decided to give you the privilege of asking for our advice on a new tablet. I want one for Christmas and I'm trying to find one that I like. The Windows Surface tablets with the detachable keyboards look really nice. The only problem is I need to probably stay under ~$150 if possible. Help is appreciated.

I want something kind of like this
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 04:42:39 PM by Skig² »

Toshiba 32GB 8" Windows 8.1 Encore™ 2 Tablet, $179.99 (it's a windows tablet though)
Samsung 8GB 7" White Android Jelly Bean Galaxy 7.0 Tab 3, $149.99 (I had a Galaxy Tab, they are pretty reliable, get a replacement plan though, sometimes the battery forgets itself over)

Are you looking for Wi-Fi only, or 3/4G? I also would recommend something with 32GB storage, unless you have a MicroSD.

NVM NO NEED FOR A STONE TABLET

Toshiba 32GB 8" Windows 8.1 Encore™ 2 Tablet, $179.99 (it's a windows tablet though)
Samsung 8GB 7" White Android Jelly Bean Galaxy 7.0 Tab 3, $149.99 (I had a Galaxy Tab, they are pretty reliable, get a replacement plan though, sometimes the battery forgets itself over)

Are you looking for Wi-Fi only, or 3/4G? I also would recommend something with 32GB storage, unless you have a MicroSD.
These look nice. What would 32GB storage do for me? What can I expect out of that compared to a 16GB or 8GB?

I definitely need something with a good WiFi connection (I won't be getting a data plan), and a keyboard would be nice. I am trying to figure out if I want a Windows, Galaxy, or Android tablet. I currently use my family's Nextbook tablet which is an Android

Also, what do you guys know on mouse compatibility?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 09:10:34 PM by Skig² »

Bump

So my preferences are:

Windows 8.1 OS
1-2GB of RAM (this is the tablet I use now and it's decent at 1GB)
8GB of storage
Around 8" or bigger screen
Detachable keyboard

So far I think this is the best I have found for the price: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834734009

Wow man, that was really deep
Nice to see him pouring out his emotions in a thread about tablets  :cookieMonster:

i like the asus transformers
the nerds i game with tell me the yoga is nice. but i thought that was a low key laptop

Get the ASUS Taichi. I Own one and its one of the best computers i have ever bought. Newegg has the price lowered to 599.99 right now, i bought mine for 749.99 though, and even at that price it was worth it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231980

also a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4jmE0YKpf8

These look nice. What would 32GB storage do for me? What can I expect out of that compared to a 16GB or 8GB?
More storage. If you want to have more images/music saved, more storage is always a better idea.

I definitely need something with a good WiFi connection (I won't be getting a data plan), and a keyboard would be nice. I am trying to figure out if I want a Windows, Galaxy, or Android tablet. I currently use my family's Nextbook tablet which is an Android
Android or Galaxy is a great choice. Keyboards are overrated if you have a tablet, if you want a keyboard get a laptop.

-snip-
That looks awesome. Only issue is I would never get one for Christmas at $600.

More storage. If you want to have more images/music saved, more storage is always a better idea.
I could always buy an additional SD card, right?

Android or Galaxy is a great choice.
Do you think they are better than Windows? I could install Bluestacks so I can get games like Clash of Clans.

Keyboards are overrated if you have a tablet, if you want a keyboard get a laptop.
Do you mean bad quality/they don't work? I don't have money to buy a good laptop and I like the mobility of tablets.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 08:00:32 PM by Skig² »