-Ze Operator's Boss Fights- (Updated as of 12/7/14)

Author Topic: -Ze Operator's Boss Fights- (Updated as of 12/7/14)  (Read 2813 times)

Guys, let him do his thing.

meant to post in here sooner, but this. everyone goes to every single other goddamn boss battle claiming "oh well why wouldn't I go to Pecon's", or "pecon's is better urs sucks" etc. he even says he's basing his off of Pecon's, people aren't instantly masters from day 1, so just leave him be, and plenty of people join other boss battle servers. this isn't some copyrighted thing Pecon owns and only Pecon can have, so quit treating it like it is. on the note of balancing and such well it all depends how good of a host he is, and how he reacts to criticism etc along with all of that "hurr durr pecon clone" is just senseless bashing. I thought I'd throw my two cents in here.

meant to post in here sooner, but this. everyone goes to every single other goddamn boss battle claiming "oh well why wouldn't I go to Pecon's", or "pecon's is better urs sucks" etc. he even says he's basing his off of Pecon's, people aren't instantly masters from day 1, so just leave him be, and plenty of people join other boss battle servers. this isn't some copyrighted thing Pecon owns and only Pecon can have, so quit treating it like it is. on the note of balancing and such well it all depends how good of a host he is, and how he reacts to criticism etc along with all of that "hurr durr pecon clone" is just senseless bashing. I thought I'd throw my two cents in here.
I specifically wasn't saying he shouldn't host this because Pecon is, but rather that this needs a LOT of work.

I specifically wasn't saying he shouldn't host this because Pecon is, but rather that this needs a LOT of work.

yeah it might need some work here and there but I felt as if he was getting bashed for my reasoning above, I might be tired though since it's late but that's what most of it came off as

What exactly does this part mean? I've narrowed my guesses down to "unwilling to balance the game" and "dismissing any claims that the game needs to be balanced."

This is almost entirely like Pecon's except less balanced and introduces a fun mechanic called admin abuse.

Why should I play this instead of Pecon's?

isn't this like a millionth attempt at a boss battles that isn't pecon's?

also pics would be nice.

And another thing. It's not admin abuse unless the host says. I'm not saying that I'm a bad host, I'm just saying that you never tried this game, so if you've got nothing better to say, don't say anything. Your negative comments are wasted on me and this server.

Needs work? Every server does.
Overpowered bosses? Sometimes Necessary.
Admin bosses? Can be abusive, but not under the eye of a good admin.

The reason why the scales are so tipped to one side, is because I am unable to make a shop system, and it's not that I can't, it's just that I don't know how.

Yes the bosses are OP, and I get a lot of complaints about it. But honestly, it's not that I don't care, it's just that it's out of my hands until I can figure out how to create a shop using the event system.

So if you all want to complain? Go do it on someone else's thread, cause I got better things do? You know, like running a One Man Army server?

Guys, let him do his thing.

Oh, and I thank those who actually took the time to fully understand what I have instead of thinking that only Pecon7 is the only one who can make "good games". I'm not saying he's bad, but he's not a god. And I'll bet you that he had the same issues on his server when he first started.

let me address a few things here; for starters, it's still possible to abuse the powers of being an admin even if the host allows it. on the note of Xei's quote, Pecon's doesn't have pictures in the OP on the other thread either, so why should Ze? overpowered bosses? depends on how you do it but I'm sure you can work it out. Admin bosses? really sketchy, because there's almost no good reason for them to be used other than to spice up the game every once in a while, since it can get dull.

shop system can be made with VCE iirc, if you're going for that, should be in an RTB dump or some archive

still it's good being able to take criticism if it's constructive, and they're not all exactly 'complaining'. Jetz is simply asking a question whereas Dannu fears or is worried or whatever about possible abuse of the admin bosses, both of which are perfectly reasonable

I'm not hating on Pecon's or anything(note that I'm a fellow admin there as well as others here), I'm simply saying it's bullstuff to compare every single other boss battles to Pecon's when other people can get creative ideas but it gets shot to the ground because it's another boss battles. even if the server is bad, rather than people actually telling the host what exactly is wrong with the server, they go;"oh well it's another clone of Pecon's, better not join here!!". I'm not trying to be hostile here but seriously, I see this all over the damn place.

I have played his boss battles, its pretty good, but one thing that is wrong, the map is not his

the map is not his
I had not visited the server yet, but this makes me extremely curious

I had not visited the server yet, but this makes me extremely curious
Its a modified version of Beta City, unless he changed it, you can see the pics on his website.