Author Topic: North Korea threatens war on US over Kim Jong-un movie  (Read 9357 times)

You know either way we should probably not risk nuclear annihilation over a movie that doesn't even look that funny
i got into an argument with my friend over something like this.
If the US and North Korea went head-to-head, and we sent and invasion force to their lands, they would detonate a nuclear device on their own soil and wipe our large amounts of US and South Korean forces. (Just a likely scenario, knowing North Korea)

He says that the US in turn would launch a nuclear strike on North Korea, which would in turn affect China and Russia, and that a massive nuclear war would unfold because both China and Russia would launch nuclear strikes on the US.
(there's a bit more detail on what they would do next, but that's irrelevant right now)

I claim that if they were to do that, the US would not launch any WMD's since the North Koreans have essentially wiped out their own government and also a large part of their military. Also the resulting nuclear explosion would send fallout into Russia and China therefore hurting relations between those two nations with North Korea.

The reason he claims his scenario is more likely is because of the Mutually Assured Destruction doctrine.

what do you guys think?

If the US and North Korea went head-to-head, and we sent and invasion force to their lands, they would detonate a nuclear device on their own soil and wipe our large amounts of US and South Korean forces. (Just a likely scenario, knowing North Korea)

He says that the US in turn would launch a nuclear strike on North Korea, which would in turn affect China and Russia, and that a massive nuclear war would unfold because both China and Russia would launch nuclear strikes on the US.
(there's a bit more detail on what they would do next, but that's irrelevant right now)

I claim that if they were to do that, the US would not launch any WMD's since the North Koreans have essentially wiped out their own government and also a large part of their military. Also the resulting nuclear explosion would send fallout into Russia and China therefore hurting relations between those two nations with North Korea.

The reason he claims his scenario is more likely is because of the Mutually Assured Destruction doctrine.

what do you guys think?

Doesn't Mutually Assured Destruction only apply when they launch a nuke at us? If they detonate a nuke on their own soil, why in the hell would we send another one? Your friend is a dum.

MAD only applies in a situation where your country is facing nuclear annihilation and out of vengeance you launch your nukes at the nation which launched them at you, spurring everyone else into doing the same because of alliances and the astronomical worldwide impact of that quantity of nuclear fallout being in the atmosphere

north korea is like that little freshman kid who shamefully attempts to bully the seniors

Major pageloss.
OP, you're handicapped. Look at the date of the article.
The whole "NK is declaring war" was taken from a mis-translation of SK news.
God I hate you people.

ZSNO is right, this article is not recent. Want more proof?

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=north+korea+threatens+war&tbm=nws

The most recent article is from November, and it's not even about this movie.

Next time, do your research.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 08:54:01 AM by Acerblock »

still, only 35. We have 1000's of F-18s and F-22s
we have ~970 F-18s, Superhornets, and F-22s combined. Only like 200 F-22s and they aren't even combat tested. Where do you get your numbers and calling rocket launchers "katyushas"

surely they wouldn't fly those stealth aircraft over north korea
look what happened when they did it to serbia

They also wouldn't because they're retired BRUH

They also wouldn't because they're retired BRUH
but muh f-22s and b-2s

B-2s kick ass and F-22s aren't meant for close range dogfighting anyways

I doubt we'd even send F-22s to Korea. Naval aircraft from SK and Japan would do most of the aerial engagement

what do you guys think?

your friend is right.

even if they nuked themselves, we would launch a nuke. that is how it works. and that is why all countries with them are in a constant checkmate. because no 2 would simply go back and forth, it would involve everyone no matter the degree of use.

its the only reason we havnt touched NK yet, and the only reason russia and china have the power they still do, and the only reason iran, and attempted iraq were seeking them. it promises you protection from the US.

Forgot Germany dude..
most of the people he mentioned either aren't official allies or aren't allies at all

he also forgot a ton of people

isn't their navy larger than britains
idk but theyre old chinese and ex-soviet stuff from the 50s
edit: the us could do that kinetic bombardment project they worked on in 2004 to take out important objectives and aa stuff
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 12:28:25 PM by Ragequit »