Legends of Blockland RPG

Author Topic: Legends of Blockland RPG  (Read 21053 times)

is it still the grand opening?

Faith in humanity. Down the drain.

?? do explain how legend of zelda is an rpg
cos last i checked it was an action-adventure game
there's not even a single rpg element

how come server is passworded today?

how come server is passworded today?

probably to sort out all the crashing

-snip-
I agree.  Combat against bots is just simply not fun at all.  It is just a more stressful version of mining and woodcutting because on top of having to keep repairing your weapons AND armor (grinding to get bars and wood for repairing) you have to keep healing yourself to make sure you are not going to die which is just a bunch of fishing aka more grinding.  I think combat would be fine in PvP and duels because your opponent does not just walk away and gain health back if he/she is not hitting you, but I have yet to try it.

One other experimental way of addressing combat, is to have a select number of players (ie typically trusted or administrative users), create custom playertypes or something along the lines of that, and at certain time periods host little events like, "User X and User Y are ____, They've landed in port ____ and are ____. Kill on sight, will be rewarded"

Other than that combat is pretty much,

Stand in place while you hit that bot who is also standing point blank in your face using base ai.

I've edited the leash range on all of the AI so that Archery is more effective. Also you can dodge in combat using well timed w, a, s, d double taps or circling the opponent/sprinting jukes. We're running tests today on the server to find out why it's crashing, pm me (herecy) on daprog's RTB for the server password.

Any idea of when you're removing the password?

to those who I was dungeoneering with, sorry for leaving lol

Alright everyone. We figured out the crashing. It was due to duplicate client data that failed to be deleted after a player left the server resulting in timebomb runtime error crashing. After a certain number of people left the server, the server would go past the "load limit".

The server shouldn't crash anymore under normal circumstances.

When i saw that inventory menu i instantly thought of wartune...